H9 Core – what are the presets a newbie can understand?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Core – what are the presets a newbie can understand?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      joegrant413
      Participant

Hi,

I’m curious about the H9. The H9 Core seems like a good starter. But I really don’t understand what it would give me out-of-the-box. All the promotional descriptions say I get the alogorithm and preset from the Eventide Hthis and Hthat.

Ummm… what are the presets in terms a guitarist would easily understand? Such as “chorus”, “delay”, “phaser”, etc. 

Any help, or a link to something easy to understand would be great.

Thanks,

– Joe

gkellum
      Participant

My colleague, Alan, made a video with Guitar World where he went through and played a lot of the factory presets in the H9 Core:

That video should give you a good idea of what kind of sounds you can get out of the box with the H9 Core.

He also made one for the H9 Standard (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgTeWMe83-Q) and for the H9 Max (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWgl060vP8).

joegrant413
      Participant

Thanks! FYI, I also downloaded the H9 iOS app. In Demo mode, it like I can see the preset names for the algorithms that come with the H9 core.

KCStratman
      Participant

The Core starts you with the classsic ET H910/949 pitch shiftable delay algorithm. Here are a few good presets from forum members that show some of the possibilities. The 910/949 can also be used as just a dual delay with pitch zeroed.GkLIVx.jpgRUNQ58.jpgaTh0bm.jpghijtY3.jpgqElSyF.jpgUWdzw4.jpgIQPjl2.jpg

KCStratman
      Participant

Sorry, images did not load correctly, not sure if the new website is displaying images correctly, let’s try again.

RUNQ58.jpg

aTh0bm.jpg

hijtY3.jpg

qElSyF.jpg

UWdzw4.jpg

IQPjl2.jpg

GkLIVx.jpg

joegrant413
      Participant

The main things for me now are chorus and delay.

I’m also trying to get a sense of whether or not the H9 core is meant as a nice starter set, or as someone’s second H9.

Thanks,
      – Joe

Given To Fly
      Participant

I bought an H9 Core yesterday. It’s fantastic! There are delay, chorus, phaser, flanger, octave/harmony effects, and the “Insanity” preset. It is not as simple as a 3 knob Boss pedal but if you read the manual I think you will find it very user friendly out of the box. I recommend buying an expression pedal too. The H9 and Factor pedals really come alive with an expression pedal. I use an Ernie Ball Jr. 25k ohm Volume Pedal. Good luck on your purchase! 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.