H9 crashes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 crashes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      krabasti

Hello, I'm from Germany. I have problems with my eventide h9. I bought it 4 weeks ago in music store. I like the h9 very much but I have a big problem. I use it at the stage with my guitar. Sometimes the h9 turns of out alone (crashes) and I can do nothing. The led display is black. When i unplug the power cord and plug the power cord again then the h9 restart and works. I don't know what is the problem. Have anyone an idea?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Are you using the supplied power supply and a good connection ? If not, please do. If you are, take the unit back to the store and ask for a replacement.

krabasti

Thx for quick reply. I use the H9 with a Voodoo Lab Digital 400 mA with 12 Volt. H9 operate only on this isolated 12v Output. All my other stomp boxes works great. Only the h9 have problems sometimes.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Voodoo Labs unit is a fine product, but I would ask you to use the Eventide supply for a while to see if it makes a difference.

krabasti

Thx nickrose. Ok. I will do it. I give a review later. Cheers.

krabasti

know i use the original eventide power supply with my h9. also without aux ore expression pedal. i restoring factory presets and system settings. but the problem still exists. now i think i know what is the problem. when i’m in tap modus and i change the preset with the big knob the h9 turns of. has somebody an idea what I can do?

gkellum
      Participant

krabasti:

when i’m in tap modus and i change the preset with the big knob the h9 turns of. has somebody an idea what I can do?

Well, it could be that you discovered a bug.  What version software do you have on your H9?  If you don't have the latest – v5.0.1[3] – then you should update to the latest.  If you let us know what version you currently have installed, we'll see if we can reproduce this behavior doing what you described, and we can let you know if you have indeed found a bug or if we can't reproduce it…

krabasti

I have the latest version. With the old version was the same problem. I hope u can help me.

gkellum
      Participant

krabasti:

I have the latest version. With the old version was the same problem. I hope u can help me.

Well, I just tried that on an H9 with the latest release installed, and it was working fine — no crashes. Does this happen for you every time you go into tap tempo mode and change the preset with the big black wheel?  Are there any other important details you can think of?  If this happens when you're switching between factory presets for example, which presets are they? Or are you actually switching between algorithms with the big, black wheel?  And if so, which algorithms are they?

krabasti

The problem is that the error only occurs sometimes. I tried to shoot a video. but now it works just fine. I don't think that the problem is only the big black wheel because i don't use the big wheel when I'm on the stage. when i'm on stage I change presets only with the right Footswitch and than i go to tempo mode and sometimes the h9 turns off. and also in the last time when I rehearsed with my band it was crashed when i was pressing the Hotknob. I think it was also in tempo mode. i change with the Footswitch and the wheel only my preset list (Chorus, Tap Echo, Vintage Delay). Not more.

I hope I can record a video so you can see what I mean.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, if it were a software flaw, it would always happen in a very specific set of circumstances, and I that's not what you're describing.  My colleague Nick wrote above, "Are you using the supplied power supply and a good connection ? If not, please do. If you are, take the unit back to the store and ask for a replacement."  You are using the supplied power supply, and you said you've seen this problem at two different locations right? On stage and at your practice space?  The reason that's important is we have heard of weird problems occurring which turned out to be due to venues with poor power supplies…  So, you should probably take exchange your unit for a replacement.

krabasti

yes, i seen this problem at different locations, at home, in rehearsed room and on stage. In the last time on Stage, i remember know, i used the preset tape echo for one song. in this song i need sometimes long delay and sometimes not. first i was activate the delay with the left footswitch. in the middle from this song i don't need long delay thats why i press the button again and the h9 was going in bypass. in the ending i was playing a solo and i activate Tape Delay again (left footswitch) in the middle from solo part the h9 turns off.  the connection was good. also when i was at home i use a Voodoo Lab Digital with 12V 400mA and the H9 operate only on one of isolated output. was the same problem. u see, i can not really find the error because it`s alway different. Crying

gavingreer

I am having the same problem. I can't figure out what the trigger is but my H9 Max will randomly crash and the screen will go blank. I have to un plug and replug to get it to come back on. Both using a voodoo on supply and the power that came with the unit. 

Has there been a fix? I have the most up to date software. I do not expect these kinds of issues from a $700 product. 

gkellum
      Participant

gavingreer:

I am having the same problem.

No problem is ever quite the same. If you're seeing this problem only in one particular performance space, it would be worth considering whether that space is providing reliable power. Otherwise, as mentioned above, you may want to consider returning your H9 for another one. We haven't been getting any reports of H9's crashing other than the one above. So, it doesn't seem to be a software fault.

gavingreer

What an odd response from someone listed as a "Staff Member". 

As the other user described it, my problem is identical to his. 

It would be nice to be met with at least a shred of customer service after shelling out $700 for an effect pedal. At that price point, maybe more could have been invested in ensuring the unit can use a wider range of power supplies. My strymon units, for example, never have an issue when using the power from the same outlets. Or my EHX, or my Disaster, or my Neunaber… Really, blaming the "space" for having bad power when customers claim to be using expensive isolated power supplies and the Eventide supplied power is just a cop-out.

This is my first Eventide pedal. I hope your short dismissive response isn't representative of the company's customer approach as a whole. 

tonemasterus
      Participant

Wow!  Don't take it so personal!  He said not "quite" the same!  And he told you if you have the same issue to return the faulty unit to where you bought it, do that.  Not every product is problem free, when dealing with electronics!  If you are using the right power supply, then return the unit?  Get a new one aand issue solved?

Dave

Moorhead

Hi! Just bought a H9 second hand , it works normal when I’m using the app. When I try to use the pedal’s Active switch sometimes it restarts the pedal. Sometimes after a couple of presses sometimes by the first touch, sometimes it needs more presses to do so , but it is not reliable at all this way. I use the original Eventide power supply , but the previous owner used it with a Strymon multi power supply and he claims it never rebooted before . What can I do to fix this? It has the most recent FW update installed. Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

First, try returning to factory defaults as described in the UM.

If that fails, there are various options:

1) Could be a faulty power supply – try and borrow another one.

2) Send it, along with the power supply, for service:. support@eventide.com

3) Return to sender.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.