H9 crashing whenever I try to save a new preset

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 crashing whenever I try to save a new preset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hiro_Kone
      Participant

Hi – my h9 (ver 5.8.5[1]) is continually crashing whenever I try to save and I have to reconnect to app of my desktop. I have another h9 that never does this and connects / saves fine. Any tips would help greatly! Thank you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Hiro_Kone wrote:

Hi – my h9 (ver 5.8.5[1]) is continually crashing whenever I try to save and I have to reconnect to app of my desktop. I have another h9 that never does this and connects / saves fine. Any tips would help greatly! Thank you.

It could be either the firmware or the hardware's problem. Could you reinstall the firmware? I recommand you use the Direct Updater to install the latest firmware via a USB cable.

The Direct Updater is bundled with H9 Control. You can find it by clicking "Window" -> "Open Eventide Direct Updater" in H9 Control on a Mac, or just search for Direct Updater in the Start menu on a PC. Your H9 needs to be booted into UPDATE mode (power up with HOTKNOB button pressed and held) before updating in the Direct Updater.

Hiro_Kone
      Participant

Hi thank you. I gave that a go and it’s still crashing whenever I try to save using thebluetooth or usb option. One strange thing was that I followed your instructions and when I booted the eventide to update mode – the Eventide Direct Updater could no longer find the h9 (it did when I first connected) and just had “INVALID” as the entry. I updated anyway and it still seem to update however. 

Hiro_Kone
      Participant

Reinitialized. And actually went back and tried again to installed the latest firmware. (This time there was no “Invalid” message.) Then reinitialized again so that I did all your steps correctly. Unfortunately yes, the app keeps quitting on me when I try to save to the pedal.

szabados1

I just loaded the latest firmware and the same is happening to me.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are you guys using the latest H9 Control app?

szabados1

I did not know there was an update. I will try. Thanks.

Hiro_Kone
      Participant

I didn’t realize there was an app update, just the firmware was updated. It appears to work now. Thank you for your help!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Hiro_Kone wrote:

Hi thank you. I gave that a go and it's still crashing whenever I try to save using thebluetooth or usb option. One strange thing was that I followed your instructions and when I booted the eventide to update mode – the Eventide Direct Updater could no longer find the h9 (it did when I first connected) and just had "INVALID" as the entry. I updated anyway and it still seem to update however. 

Could you reinitialize your H9 by powering it up with the right footswitch and the black encoder pressed and held? You will see INIT on the screen.

Just to confirm, when you said "H9 crashing", you meant the H9 Control crashes but not the pedal, right?

Does it crash when you save a user preset locally, or save a preset to the pedal, or save a preset list to the pedal?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Hiro_Kone wrote:

Reinitialized. And actually went back and tried again to installed the latest firmware. (This time there was no "Invalid" message.) Then reinitialized again so that I did all your steps correctly. Unfortunately yes, the app keeps quitting on me when I try to save to the pedal.

This is strange. So it's just the app and your H9 works fine, right? When you click a preset in H9 Control, does your H9 load it? Can you save the preset on your pedal by long press the PRESETS button?

Have you ever tried connecting to your H9 on your phone? Does this issue happen on other devices as well?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      szabados1 wrote:
      I just loaded the latest firmware and the same is happening to me.

Does it crash when you save a user preset locally, or save a preset to the pedal, or save a preset list to the pedal?

When you click a preset in H9 Control, does your H9 load it? Can you save the preset on your pedal by long press the PRESETS button?

Have you tried connecting to your H9 on other devices (phones, pads, desktops)? Does this issue exist on all platforms?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.