H9 Custom Scale

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Custom Scale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      g.lolo3
      Participant

Hi,

Is there a chance that in the future an Harmonizer algorithm with Custom Scales will be available?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is always a chance, but no current plans. We think that such things are maybe too complex for a stomp box and are more suited to the rack units.

g.lolo3
      Participant

Ok. I hope it will. For me that's the "reason to be" of the H9. Something between a pedal and a rack unit that can avoid the lacks of functionnality we can have using traditionnal pedalboard. I have this option in my AxeFx but I don't like it for live usage, to much things to carry/plug, to complicated for adjustements on the fly. But I already know that I'll miss this function… Guess I'm not the only one…

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      … Custom Scales … But I already know that I'll miss this function… Guess I'm not the only one…

You are not alone.  It's come up quite a few times on this forum (along with custom HarPeggiator patterns).  Those discussions were centered around the PitchFactor.

I – like you – had hoped that the open-ended nature & interconnectivity of the H9 / Core might help to make custom scales easier to realize.  For example, even a single "user scale" that was programmable within the H9 Control app.  Make the scale adjustments in the GUI, and then store it in the hardware unit.

I'm not a programmer, so I'll yield to the logistics of such a scheme.

g.lolo3
      Participant

I was quite sure I was not alone but it's good to read it! Wink

Hope we can have it soon….

Dean-O

I recently  bought this unit, based on recommendations of a friend and the myriad positive reviews.  I am finding the use of the Harmonizer function difficult to dial in what I want.  Which algorithm do I need to purchase in order to be able to really control the harmony effect? Other pedals I've used allow you to select the key, and the 3rd, 5th or whatever.  Since the name of this unit is the Harmonizer, I sure do hope this feature exists.

As a side note: I'm a guitarist and I find 90% of the presets built into the pedal aren't very practical.  Why are the presets so "out there"?  

Thanks.

g.lolo3
      Participant

It's the same with the H9. You set Key, Interval and mix of each voice. For "simple" harmony effect I bought the Quadravox. Up to for voices harmony. There is also the Diatonic but it's to voice with independant delay and feedback if I remember well. I don't use these feature. May be you have a H9 Core with H949/910 algorithm which is not really an traditionnal harmonizer IMO.

Dean-O

Thanks for the reply.  I have the Harmonizer. From Pitch Factor it comes with H910 / H949 and Crystals which aren't really suitable for my uses.  I have one free Algorithm with the purchase of the  unit so I'll demo the Quadravox and Diatonic, and see what works. 

Thanks.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.