H9 Diffchorus

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Diffchorus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      I don’t know all the history of the Eventide stuff, but back on the Eventide Eclipse there was a preset #181 called Diffchorus.

The eclipse manual only said:
      “A very smeared out reverb with slight detuning for added “sweetness”.”

Don’t know if anyone has any experience with that preset.

From what I recall on the Eclipse there was also a BlackHole2 preset which was 2 diffchorus’s in series.

I am assuming the Blackhole algorithm on the H9 is something similar as that Blackhole2 patch with 2 diffchorus in series?

I know I can’t recreate it identical and I don’t have an Eclipse to compare with anymore. But just was curious from those who know more about these algorithms than I that the closest thing on the H9 would be the Blackhole with maybe a light setting?

The Room reverb for example has a diffusion setting and a mod control, whether that mod is detuning or just regular chorus though are things I don’t know. I remember Diffchorus sounding big and far away but it wasn’t like infinite or as extreme as the typical Blackhole sound was.

Anyone have any experience with the Eclipse and H9 or ever try to recreate that patch?

Thanks for any help/info.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Blackhole would be the closest. Also worth trying out ModEchoVerb and SpaceTime.

brock
      Participant

Interesting background here on the Diffchorus algorithm, from some people who should know:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/what-does-the-structure-of-an-eventide-diffchorus-look-like.1792534/#post-25636521

I don’t know how much of this translates to the Blackhole version in the H9/Space, but this may explain why I like the modulation so much; even in lighter doses.

Each of the allpass delays seems to have its own slow random modulation of the delay length”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.