H9 displays algorithm on which the preset is based?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 displays algorithm on which the preset is based?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tktk
      Participant

I’m reading the online manual, and it says Whenever a Preset is loaded, the name of the Algorithm on which the Preset is based is displayed momentarily.

1. My H9 (the latest version) doesn’t behave that way, and it doesn’t display the algorithm name when I select each preset (only with the factory presets I haven’t made my own yet.); both ways using the footswitches or the preset button and the knob, which is a bit inconvenient for me. Is the manual just not updated and is my H9 working properly? If so is there any way to display the algorithm name when a preset is selected?

Two more questions:

2. I find if I press the knob in either the preset select mode or algorithm select mode and then scroll, the preset/algorithm jumps like this 1 > 6 > 11 > 16, etc, or Digital Delay > Band Delay > Chorus > Rotary, etc.

3. If I select an algorithm (not a preset) and wait for about 3 seconds, the display shows 0.”algorithm name”. ie: select the Spring algorithm it shows 0.SPRIN on the display. Then from this status if I scroll, it automatically scrolls presets, not algorithms. Why does it do that and what does the 0.”algorithm name” mean?

These functions are not written in the manual, but can I assume all are as intended and the manual is just not updated yet?

tktk
      Participant

Ok, I’ve found pressing the preset button while selecting a preset shows the algorithm it’s based on. Didn’t realize it’s related.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello wktk,

1. Your H9 is working fine. The Presets description on Page 7 should change to say that the display can be used to see Preset and Algorithm names. The description for the actual Presets button on page 8, however, is correct, as it reads “When a Preset is loaded the full Preset Name will scroll once across the display.” When the preset is selected, you can press the Presets button twice to show the algorithm name.

2. Correct, when in preset/algorithm select mode, pushing the big knob once will allow you to scroll through presets/algs in greater increments. If you press the big knob again, it goes back to consecutive function. This is used so that someone who wants to go from preset 1 to 90 (or whatever) doesn’t have to do so in an incremental manner, but rather, skip many presets in the process.

3. The H9 shows 0.”algorithm name” because it recalls the algorithm but it uses a default preset. The H9 can only store up to 99 presets. We gave users the ability to search for algorithms, but it doesn’t mean you get access to the 500+ presets available on H9 Control; that’s why we can’t search for presets under a particular algorithm. Thus, when you search for a specific algorithm, we show it as a “0” (zero) preset to remind you that it’s not an onboard preset, but rather, one you can immediately edit and store to an onboard location.

You’re right, it’s not in the manual. We’ll definitely add it in. Thanks for pointing that out.

tktk
      Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.