H9 doesn’t see or react to midi pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 doesn’t see or react to midi pedal

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sugarlou
      Participant

Having difficulty getting my midi pedal to change presets on the H9. My midi pedal is VERY basic..a Randall RF8 …just 8 buttons. 

Funny thing is it changes presets if i go through a Bos DD 500 first and then through to the H9. If I remove the DD500 it does nothing. 

When I open the H9 control the midi recieve is set to omni but the page under SETTINGS  that says connect midi device to Eventide device shows NONE. 

I tried rebooting both units…nothing

HELP!

B

gkellum
      Participant
      Sugarlou wrote:

When I open the H9 control the midi recieve is set to omni but the page under SETTINGS  that says connect midi device to Eventide device shows NONE. 

That page under Settings is for a different purpose than that.  It doesn't show what MIDI device is connected to an H9.  It's for connecting a MIDI device to H9 Control and then sending its data to the H9.

If I were you, I would hook up the MIDI cable that you have going to the H9 to a computer and use either MIDI Monitor on Mac or MIDI Ox on Windows to see what MIDI messages the H9 is receiving.

Sugarlou
      Participant

I dont have a way to hook up my midi pedal to my Macbook. Im sure thers another way to do this. The pedal calls up preset one through eight on every other device i hook it up to. 

Sugarlou
      Participant

this is the Randall info

Sugarlou
      Participant

bigger

Sugarlou
      Participant

disregard….looks like the RF8 is defective

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.