H9 Driver Not Found

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Driver Not Found

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ryan.veitch
      Participant

Hi, I've been trying to use the Windows version of H9 control with my H9, but it will not connect and keep getting "driver not found" messages.  Here's my computer specs:

gkellum
      Participant

When you say you keep getting "driver not found" messages, you mean Windows is popping up a little dialog when you connect the H9 to the computer that says something along the lines of unknown device and then driver not found?  The H9 is a generic USB Midi device and doesn't need a special driver.  We have had problems with Windows 7 not recognizing some of the Factor pedals either, and it sounds like that's what is happening here.  Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand what one can do about this problem.  If no one responds in the mean time, I might have to get back to you on Monday about this problem after talking to some people at Eventide about it.

ryan.veitch
      Participant

Yeah, basically it is not loading or recognizing the H9's onboard drivers and seems like it's just trying to look for drivers in its own driver cache and online.  I experienced this exact same problem with TC Electronics toneprint pedals, so I don't think it's a problem limited to Eventide, but something related to Windows 7 and USB audio devices. 

I have tried updating my Bios, and making sure it is at the most current version, but still no go.  Thanks for the response, hopefully someone can chime in with an answer.

siggy76
      Participant

I had the same issue in win8.1 64bit: try to connect to the pc without an usb hub.

jH1956
      Participant

Having this same problem…Has been working fine for two years but just downloaded Windows 10 latest huge update and saying no driver. 

gkellum
        Participant
        jH1956 wrote:

Having this same problem…Has been working fine for two years but just downloaded Windows 10 latest huge update and saying no driver. 

The H9 just uses the standard built in Windows driver for USB Audio devices.  We heard from some people who had their Bluetooth connections stop working after installing the Windows 10 Creator update, but this is the first we've heard of the H9 no longer being recognized as a MIDI device.  The Windows 10 Creator update apparently greatly improved the trouble shooting help in Windows 10, and the people with the Bluetooth problems were able to use that to sort their problems out.  Could you try checking there for tips about this problem?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.