H9 DSP+FX bypass doesn’t Work

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 DSP+FX bypass doesn’t Work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tomviolet

As the title says, after last update My H9 and started to use the pre/post function, bypass doesn’t work proeprly.

When I set DSP+FX it doesn’t work. The trails are completely cut off when I bypass the pedal? 

How can I fix this? Or what should I check?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. In order for us to help you, please tell us:

1) What are your connections ?

2) In what way does it not work ?

Tomviolet
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry you are having trouble. In order for us to help you, please tell us:

1) What are your connections ?

2) In what way does it not work ?

1) H9 is connected to a midi looper switcher in 2 slots (pre/post)

2) Everything works like charm except from the DSP/Fx bypass. when i turn off the pedal from MIDI or even from H9 footswitch itself  effect trails are instantly cut off as if the pedal is in hard or dsp bypass mode

gkellum
        Participant
        TomViolet wrote:

Everything works like charm except from the DSP/Fx bypass. when i turn off the pedal from MIDI or even from H9 footswitch itself  effect trails are instantly cut off as if the pedal is in hard or dsp bypass mode

It would be good to try resetting your H9s system settings by turning it off and turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  The last update seems to require that the system settings be cleared.

Tomviolet
        gkellum wrote:

TomViolet wrote:

Everything works like charm except from the DSP/Fx bypass. when i turn off the pedal from MIDI or even from H9 footswitch itself  effect trails are instantly cut off as if the pedal is in hard or dsp bypass mode

It would be good to try resetting your H9s system settings by turning it off and turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  The last update seems to require that the system settings be cleared.

Thank you gkellum,

I’ve tried to reset the pedal as you suggested. Trails worked until I’ve set again the pedal in Pre/post routing.  With h9  set in that routing  DSP+FX doesn’t work. The fx trails are immediatly cut off. 🙁

Could you check this with other units?

gkellum
        Participant
        TomViolet wrote:

Could you check this with other units?

Sure.  Will do.

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, we could reproduce this.  So, it's a bug in the H9 software.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.  We'll look into.

Tomviolet

Thank you very much! So I’ll wait for the next update for this fix! 

homeless
      Participant

I’m having this same issue.  Glad it’s on their radar!!!

Mr.Echo
      Participant

Buongiorno, ho anche io questo problema. Software installato 5.8.2.
      Sono in modalità dsp+fx e al cambio prest oppure al bypass mi vengono tagliate le code dei delay…
      Suggerimenti?
      Grazie

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Google says:

Hello, I also have this problem. Installed software 5.8.2.

I am in dsp + fx mode and at the change preset or at the bypass the tails of the delays are cut …

Tips?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This issue has been posted several times recently and many times in the past.

The purpose of DSP+FX is to allow effect tails to be heard when the unit is bypassed. It is possible that this does not function in PRE/POST mode – don't know at this time.

As Mr Bohan mentions in another post, the unit does not allow a tail to continue when another preset is loaded. This is because each preset takes up all the abilities of the machine, and when you load a new preset, the previous one is GONE.

The SPACE has a SPILLOVER feature, that does allow the tail of the previous effect to be heard, but this is only possible because all the effects are similar (i.e. reverbs), and do not use all the machine's resources. This is not the case on H9.

Questo problema è stato pubblicato più volte di recente e molte volte in passato.

Lo scopo di DSP + FX è quello di far sentire le code degli effetti quando l'unità viene bypassata. È possibile che ciò non funzioni in modalità PRE / POST – al momento non lo so.

Come menziona Mr Bohan in un altro post, l'unità non consente a una coda di continuare quando viene caricata un'altra preimpostazione. Questo perché ogni preset prende tutte le capacità della macchina e quando carichi un nuovo preset, il precedente è ANDATO.

SPACE ha una funzione SPILLOVER, che consente di ascoltare la coda dell'effetto precedente, ma ciò è possibile solo perché tutti gli effetti sono simili (vale a dire riverberi) e non utilizzano tutte le risorse della macchina. Questo non è il caso di H9.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.