H9 DynaVerb – is the dry sound compressed?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 DynaVerb – is the dry sound compressed?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mustafaicil
      Participant

Does the DynaVerb apply the compression only to the reverb or to both the reverb and dry sound? Actually my question is can it be set as if using a compressor pedal for the dry sound + reverb on top?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mustafaicil wrote:

Does the DynaVerb apply the compression only to the reverb or to both the reverb and dry sound? Actually my question is can it be set as if using a compressor pedal for the dry sound + reverb on top?

Well, dry sound is unprocessed sound. Therefore, technically speaking, if you set the MIX knob to 100, then both the reverb and "dry" sound will be compressed. If you set the DECAY knob to 0, this effect can be used as a standalone compressor or gate. 

mustafaicil
        Participant
        bohan wrote:
        mustafaicil wrote:

Well, dry sound is unprocessed sound. Therefore, technically speaking, if you set the MIX knob to 100, then both the reverb and "dry" sound will be compressed. If you set the DECAY knob to 0, this effect can be used as a standalone compressor or gate. 

Thanks. I was hoping to use it like a compressor + reverb pedal, but seems like it is either or.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.