H9 EQ Compressor Algorithm

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 EQ Compressor Algorithm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mustafaicil
      Participant

Does anyone know the settings behind the compression setting of the algorithm? What is the compression ratio set to? Attack? Foes the setting only adjust the threshhold or multiple settings?

Driven Crane
      Participant
      mustafaicil wrote:
      Does anyone know the settings behind the compression setting of the algorithm? What is the compression ratio set to? Attack? Foes the setting only adjust the threshhold or multiple settings?

+

William Middlemiss
        Participant
        Driven Crane wrote:

mustafaicil wrote:

+

+2 

brock
      Participant

I believe this is what everyone is looking for.  “Auto-gain”, of a sort.

Info Tab wrote:
      Compressor [COMP]

The amount of compression applied to the signal. The values to the left half of the knob will affect the Pre – EQ compression, increasing the amount of compression as you move it counter clockwise. The values to the right half of the knob will affect the Post -EQ compression, increasing the amount of compression as you move it clockwise. The compressor is specially designed to vary the numerous parameters of a typical compressor such as the ratio, attack, release and the makeup gain to keep the overall loudness consistent.

Similar to the distortion algorithms’ compression, and remarkably effective.  With all of that GAIN & TRIM range, it’d almost have to be adaptive compression, to be on the safe side.  The threshold value must be some pre-set level, or levels that depend on the other parameter settings.

planetguitar

Can this algo be updated with attack, release or threshold knobs? When something is marketed as a compressor and had one knob…. I find a huge problem with that.

And when I hear a revert algo has a better sounding compression, my blood starts to boil. I know it’s only $19 buck’s spent on this algo, but what the heck- why even put Conpressor into the name of the algo? It should be named “EQ plus a bonus knob”. I shoulda bought the dynamic reverb algo. I already own a couple EQ pedals.

So, what is the process for exchanging this algo for the reverb patch that has superior compression?

apalazzolo
      Participant

The DUCKED DELAY ALGO has a great dual delay and a great compressor with ratio, threshold, mix, filter, and release controls. 

That’s one hell of a deal for $19.00. 

Set the delays to zero and you’ll have the compressor you are asking for.

You might even start with the country compressor factory preset and maybe turn the slapback delay portion of that to zero.

planetguitar

Woke up on wrong side of the bed. lol I just would like to exchange this algo for the dynoverb.

I LOVE THIS STOMPBOX!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.