H9, EXP pedal + AUX switch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9, EXP pedal + AUX switch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LooneyNina
      Participant

Hi

Is it possible to connect EXP pedal and AUX switch (with three buttons) at the same time? Or should I look for a MIDI controler instead of AUX switch? I really need the instant load for presets (one for up, one for down – and the third one for bypass) and as far as I’ve read about it, it can only be done with external switches. And I also need an expression pedal. So, does these two go together or can I only use pedal and one button switch?

Thanks for the help,

Nina

gkellum
      Participant
      looneynina wrote:

Is it possible to connect EXP pedal and AUX switch (with three buttons) at the same time? Or should I look for a MIDI controler instead of AUX switch? I really need the instant load for presets (one for up, one for down – and the third one for bypass) and as far as I've read about it, it can only be done with external switches. And I also need an expression pedal. So, does these two go together or can I only use pedal and one button switch?

You can only use an EXP pedal with a single button AUX switch.  So, you'll want to look for a MIDI controller instead of an AUX switch.   

LooneyNina
      Participant

Ok thank you. Is there any midi controller that works well with H9? Or is this more DIY thing?

Nina

gkellum
      Participant

Well, Disaster Area's MIDI footswitches tend to be popular with other customers.  This one for example might do what you want:

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-3xl-gen3

I don't have any of their MIDI footswitches myself so you may want to contact Disaster Area support to double check with them that it'll do what you want.  Or maybe, someone who has one will comment.

There are a lot of options though with regards to MIDI footswitches.  So, one thing you'll want to consider is whether you just want a small device with 3 footswitches that does just what you're describing or something bigger with more features. The price may end up being the same…

LooneyNina
      Participant

Good lord, these things are pricey … I will think about making one myself. I have an Arduino and I’ve come across some instructions how to put it together.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.