H9 Expression Pedal Help Needed

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Expression Pedal Help Needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nosidamde
      Participant

Hey everyone, I recently purchased an H9 and loving it!  I’ve figured out a lot of the functions including the control app.  However, one thing that I’m struggling with that may be completly obvious that I’m missing, is how can I use an expression/volume pedal as both an expression/volume pedal with the H9?

The Dunlop Mini X works well as an expression pedal when that’s all it’s plugged in to use it for with a TRS cable, however, when I plugged in what was necessary to make it a volume pedal as well it only works as a volume pedal…

Here is the chain: guitar–>MiniX In–>MiniX Out–>H9 In–>H9 Out–>amp…. also MiniX–>H9 Expression In.

Any thoughts that might help?  Hopefully I’m coming accross clear enough, if not, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

gkellum
      Participant
      nosidamde wrote:

is how can I use an expression/volume pedal as both an expression/volume pedal with the H9?

Well, if you look under the More menu in H9 Control there are buttons there for making an expression act like a volume pedal on a per preset basis.  So, you can have it act as a volume pedal on some presets and as an expression pedal on other presets.  

There's not really a mechanism for having it act as a volume pedal and expression pedal at the same time.  I'm not sure if this is what you were actually asking for though.

gkellum
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

There's not really a mechanism for having it act as a volume pedal and expression pedal at the same time.  I'm not sure if this is what you were actually asking for though.

Actually, I don't think that's true.  I think you have it act as a volume pedal and expression pedal at the same time by using that aforementioned function under the More menu.

It's also available on the H9 itself as well.  Please consult the latest H9 user manual for more details on that.

nosidamde
      Participant

Thanks for your reply. This is what I would like to accomplish. I would like to use the Mini X as a volume pedal when the H9 is not active, and use it as an expression pedal when the H9 is active.

Hopefully that helps clear that up.

gkellum
        Participant
        nosidamde wrote:
        Thanks for your reply. This is what I would like to accomplish. I would like to use the Mini X as a volume pedal when the H9 is not active, and use it as an expression pedal when the H9 is active. Hopefully that helps clear that up.

When the H9 is not active, it doesn't do any processing.  So, it's not going to work exactly as you described.  If I were you, I'd just switch the H9 to an EQ Compressor preset set to a flat EQ and no compression when I just wanted to use the H9 as a volume pedal.  

nosidamde
      Participant

So it appears I’m not able to use the Dunlop Volume Mini X as both a volume pedal (through my Voodoo Lab PX8) and also use it as an expression pedal plugged into the H9.  I need two Mini X pedals.  Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.