H9 Expression value readout

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Expression value readout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lars Blomstrand
      Participant

Hi,

I'm using my H9 together with an EH 8-step sequencer and I wonder if there is a way to select what the dispay shows. When engaging the sequencer the only visable in the display is the expression values and if I don't stop the sequencer before I change preset, it's almost impossible to know/see  what preset I landed on.

No big deal in the studio or if you "only" use a exp. pedal but with a constant running sequencer  and some tense nerves in a live situation, there will be misstakes.

A choise of "show preset/exp. value" in the pedal setting tab would definitely solve this.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      When engaging the sequencer the only visable in the display is the expression values and if I don't stop the sequencer before I change preset, it's almost impossible to know/see  what preset I landed on.

Yeah, no doubt that you have to be fast.  I use the same sequencer with the PitchFactor, and I don't know of any current way around what you're describing.  And – if you have an expression pedal thru connected – you're really screwed if you bump it and a knob while the sequencer is in Play mode.  Suddenly, you have more programmed parameters sequencing.

To be fair, I can't see how Eventide could anticipate users bombarding the expression pedal input like this.  For what it's worth, it becomes a little easier controlling program changes over MIDI.  I find myself not as dependent on the Eventide readout, and it prevents the on-the-fly programming mishaps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.