H9 Expression with OBNE Expression Slider

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Expression with OBNE Expression Slider

Tagged: 

  • This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by apalazzolo.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #164779
      palstatt
      Participant

      I’ve got the Expression Slider from OBNE. When I use it with the H9 the expression curve is logarithmic for some reason. The first 50% of the slider is around 88% of the range with the remaining 12% spread over the last 50% of the slider. I haven’t seen this behavior on other pedals I’ve controlled with the slider. Is there a setting I can change to make it linear?

    • #164782
      joecozzi
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff

      Hello palstatt,

      The OBNE expression slider uses a 100 Kiloohm potentiometer.  For best performance, Eventide recommends expression devices with 10 K – 50 K potentiometers. Using anything higher will cause the behavior you’re experiencing.

      • #164783
        palstatt
        Participant

        Thanks for the response joecozzi. That makes sense.

    • #164794
      apalazzolo
      Participant

      You could try putting a 100k resister in parallel with the slider.  That would bring the total resistance down to 50k Ohms.  It is not ideal but might be close enough.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.