H9 fault screaming feedback

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 fault screaming feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Send2george2

Hi al. I’ve been using my H9 for a couple of years now without issue however recently I’ve have encountered a horrible issue that appears intermittently.

I’m playing an algorithm and the box starts, what I can best describe as noisy digital feedback. All other sounds are obliterated.

If I press the left button off and on it clears but it does reappear after a few minutes.

Anyone encountered similar? Does this sound like a software or hardware bug?

Should I try a factory reset?

I had this issue before and after the pitch fuzz load so that makes me think more like a hardware fail..

Any ideas?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My guess is you have some kind of feedback loop in your connections. Disconnect everything except for one output, and see if it changes.

Send2george2

I do have the h9 set with both outputs. I’ll try removing one and seeing if I can replicate it. It might take a while. Thanks for the thought.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        send2george2 wrote:
        I do have the h9 set with both outputs. I'll try removing one and seeing if I can replicate it. It might take a while. Thanks for the thought.

Not just outputs. Disconnect inputs (temporarily) as well. OK to plug a guitar in, but nothing else.

jnorris
      Participant

I am experiencing this, as well. I can make this happen by engaging the H9 in any order (pre/post) as long as my JHS Angry Charlie overdrive is on and solo boost. I am not using much drive, running close to 12 o’clock so it should be fine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.