H9 feature upgrades, hardware refresh?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 feature upgrades, hardware refresh?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Scotty2Tone

I want to purcahse an H9 but am wondering where this device is from Eventides perspective. Two things that would be great Stereo and being able to engage multiple effects at once. 

I know customers dont know, and not sure if/when Eventide would publicly state new products, but is there any information I can get? I really want to purcahse the H9 Max, but I am nervous, given how long this pedal has been out, that its possible a new upgraded version could be released?

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Scott

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Most H9  effects are stereo.

Having two effects at once doubles the dsp power requirement, so has a significant cost increase.

It also makes the User Interface much more complicated, so is not a small thing. You probably have to assume that two effects near as doubles the cost. So, in many cases, you would be better off with two pedals.

Regarding the future – we don't know, it's a gift we do not possess. If we did, we'd be much richer than the average Eventide employee.

On one side, this is fast moving technology, on the other side, if the current product works for you, the answer is clear.

Scotty2Tone
        nickrose wrote:

Most H9  effects are stereo.

Having two effects at once doubles the dsp power requirement, so has a significant cost increase.

It also makes the User Interface much more complicated, so is not a small thing. You probably have to assume that two effects near as doubles the cost. So, in many cases, you would be better off with two pedals.

Regarding the future – we don’t know, it’s a gift we do not possess. If we did, we’d be much richer than the average Eventide employee.

On one side, this is fast moving technology, on the other side, if the current product works for you, the answer is clear.

Thanks Nick – so 2019/2020 Safe to say that H9 wll not be replaced by Eventide? Is it actively still be developed with new algorithms? 

llemtt
      Participant

I’m in the need to buy a second H9 because I have two rigs at different locations, but me too feel that nowadays the hardware starts to show its age limitations.

A new “H9” pedal based on more powerful modern ARMs in place of the “old” 56k would be an immediate buy to me.

Cheers

camn
      Participant

The pedal is what it is.
      You should buy it if you like what it is today.
      I like mine.

–just some guy, not an eventide rep

skywriter
      Participant

With the advent of PitchFuzz and SpaceTime, the need to have more than two in a single signal chain has dropped precipitously. Now I leave three in the studio, and the have two upstairs in my doodle space. These products are exemplary!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.