H9 FLEX ON and Only ON Via MIDI

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 FLEX ON and Only ON Via MIDI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Priestunes
      Participant

Hi there. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong when I send the H9 a CC message to turn ON the the Performance Switch (or FLEX in some presets) that it remains ON and can't seem to be turned OFF? From the GUI, I can operate the FLEX button one of two ways: briefly click the FLEX button and the FLEX function will toggle ON and OFF, or click and hold the mouse, which gets it to remain ON as long as the mouse is over the FLEX button. Once moved OFF, it disengages the FLEX. Either way, via MIDI, I can only seem to get it to turn ON, unless I bypass the algorithm entirely, which is not an acceptable solution (performance wise). Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

I was just playing with triggering the Flex switch via MIDI CC; it turns on when the CC value is above 64 and turns off when the CC value is below 64.

gkellum
      Participant

After looking into the performance switch some more, the behavior seems to be inconsistent when its triggered by MIDI CC.  With TimeFactor algorithms for instance it expects the MIDI CC value to be above 64 to turn it on AND off.  We're going to have to look into this some more…

Priestunes
      Participant

Thanks for figuring this out. Nice job! (And sorry for the duplicate threads. I thought I'd take the liberty to start a very clearly stated thread for search purposes.)

pauliusmm

I also got in to the same problem. Hope this will get fixed soon.

dented42ford
      Participant

This is apparently still an issue, as of early June 2015.  How’s that “looking into” going?

Alex_Checkman
      Participant

I would also like to control performance switch via midi to on/off from the same cc message. There is no place where I can specify off message and disaster area DMC sends one cc message (I am pretty sure any other midi controller only sends one message per button). Basically performance switch is unusable for me as h9 does not have buttons to control it either. Will there be any update to this?

spaceJam

I’m using a “Stomp” type of switch in the Liquid Foot Mini and I’m able to do this without any issue whatsoever.

I send a CC with value of 127 to turn the FLEX ON and then the same CC with value of 0 to turn it OFF.

H9 has 5.2.0[1] firmware version, if that helps.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.