H9: Flex-Switch decalibrates Expression Pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: Flex-Switch decalibrates Expression Pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using an H9 with the OX9 auxiliary switch(es) and a Dunlop Mini Expression Pedal. I adjusted the internal trimpot of the Expression Pedal in order to optimally use the H9 as a Wah with the Q-Wah algorithm (with EXP PDL set as MOD SOURCE). I also use it as a Whammy with the FlexPitch algorithm. Even with the changed trimpot, the H9 calibrates the Expression Pedal correctly on startup.

Here’s the problem:

When using the OX9 with an Expression Pedal, the right switch/button can be used as a Hot-Switch (e.g. for instantaneous octave-bends with the PitchFlex), but as soon as I use it, it decalibrates the formerly calibrated Expression pedal which then only has a limited range.

Is there any way to resolve this?

gkellum
      Participant
      MoisheLichtfuss wrote:

When using the OX9 with an Expression Pedal, the right switch/button can be used as a Hot-Switch (e.g. for instantaneous octave-bends with the PitchFlex), but as soon as I use it, it decalibrates the formerly calibrated Expression pedal which then only has a limited range.

There's a system setting to turn expression pedal calibration on or off.  You should turn it on to calibrate your expression pedal and then turn it off to lock out any further changes.  Incidentally, toggling this setting causes it to forget the previous calibration, which can come in handy.

To get to this setting in H9 Control, press the Pedal button in the bottom menubar, go to General Settings, and then to Pedal Calibration Disabled.

gkellum wrote:

MoisheLichtfuss wrote:

There’s a system setting to turn expression pedal calibration on or off.  You should turn it on to calibrate your expression pedal and then turn it off to lock out any further changes.  Incidentally, toggling this setting causes it to forget the previous calibration, which can come in handy.

To get to this setting in H9 Control, press the Pedal button in the bottom menubar, go to General Settings, and then to Pedal Calibration Disabled.

Thanks! That worked like a charm. By the way: Is there a way to tell the Flex-Switch “where to go” or does it always default to the heel-position/minimum-value?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.