h9 harmodulator bug ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h9 harmodulator bug ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      rdnzl
      Participant

Hi guys,

I am using this effect to detune my bass a step down. Now, the effect will detune a lot more that one step, by itself, for a few seconds, and come back, erratically, to what I have set it.

I am not sending any midi to it, it just happens… any idea what might be going on?

Cheers

Laurent 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Do you have the modulation set to sweep down?

i would try setting everything to a neutral/ unison / off position then turn the pitch to be a step down to see if you still get it…. But it sounds like the modulation parameter to me if it is a sweeping sound rather than fixed interval.

rdnzl
      Participant

It's actually not a sweep, it plunges super low for a while and surfaces back to normal after a few seconds…

In fact, I can achieve the same effect, reliably, with microPitch, so I am okay…

Cheers

rdnzl
      Participant

Hi guys

It happened again yesterday, during a gig…

At home, it always work lime a charm… could it be the power supply that is making the this erratic behaviour? It is as if the envelop setting was playing up…

Thanks 

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hi Laurent,

Did you try setting your input source to BASS in the H9 System Settings?  As well, the PITCHFLEX algorithm might be another option for you.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi rdnzl, 

Will you tell us all the knob values on your preset that has this problem, as well as expression pedal settings?  I think that might be a good starting place.  To me it really does sound like the modulation is set to Square wave, and the depth is set to some negative interval.  Either that or the expression pedal is mapped to do this drop and something (possible bug) is triggering expression pedal somehow.  But we really need more info about you settings and setup to help diagnose the problem.  

Thanks

rdnzl
      Participant

Here we go:

Mix: 100

Pitch Mix: A0 +B10

PitchA:-m2

PitchB:+m2

DelayA:0ms

DelayB:0ms

Tempo Off

Mod Depth:-2Oct

Mod Sens: 0

Shape Envelope

Feedback 0

Now, I realise that my source was on SynthBass… that might be the reason why…

Cheers

Laurent

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

It might be possible that with Mod Sens set to 0 you could still randomly trigger the modulation (depending on how hot the input signal is).  I would change Mod Depth to 0 as well just to be sure.  Try that and see if it fixes your problem.  

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.