H9 Harpeggiator not working with Tempo On

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Harpeggiator not working with Tempo On

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tthogs
      Participant

Im wondering if anyone else is experiencing the fact that the harpeggiator doesnt modulate pitch when "tempo" is engaged? It modulates the pitch perfectly when tempo is switched off. Ive tried to update the firmware, but it doesnt fix the problem. There is also a mild scratchyness to the sound of the harpeggiator, im wondering if this algorithm is flawed. All my other algorithms sound perfect. 

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi tthogs,

Unlike most of the other algorithms, when midiclock is on the Harpeggiator clocks itself directly off the midi clock, rather than a resynthesized clock.  Because of this, if you have the box set to midiclock in, but don't provide it a midiclock, the Harpeggiator won't increment through the steps.  Try turning midiclock off in system mode.

909one

I posted this in another thread, but to clear this up, does the Harpeggiator clock to external MIDI sync correctly? I’m currently looking to buy an H9 specifically for this purpose and if this doesn’t work I’ll look elsewhere. Thnx!

gkellum
        Participant
        909one wrote:

I posted this in another thread, but to clear this up, does the Harpeggiator clock to external MIDI sync correctly? I'm currently looking to buy an H9 specifically for this purpose and if this doesn't work I'll look elsewhere. Thnx!

Yes, the Harpeggiator does sync to external MIDI sync correctly.  This particular thread mentioned a problem where people configured their H9 to expect MIDI Clock but didn't actually send it a MIDI Clock signal;  that will cause problems with the Harpeggiator.  Also, sending Harpeggiator an unstable MIDI Clock can be problematic.  For example a MIDI Clock generated by a PC running Ableton Live will have a LOT of jitter in it, which will cause problems.  There are hardware solutions to this sort of problem, but if you're using the MIDI clock from a drum machine or other hardware device that provides a stable, jitter free clock, you don't need to worry about this.

SteveBowman

I’m having this same problem. But can’t blame the MIDI clock because it is receiving clock — from a TimeFactor! The PF does receive tempo changes correctly and has consistently since I set it up. But Harpeggiator only seems to work correctly with Tempo Off. I do need it to sync to the clock because everything else in my setup, including looper, is synced. 

(To be perfectly accurate, the clock signal is originating in a ModFactor, then passed thru the TimeFactor to the PitchFactor; and then out to a Nemesis Delay and then looper.)

Steve 

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        SteveBowman wrote:

I'm having this same problem. But can't blame the MIDI clock because it is receiving clock — from a TimeFactor! The PF does receive tempo changes correctly and has consistently since I set it up. But Harpeggiator only seems to work correctly with Tempo Off. I do need it to sync to the clock because everything else in my setup, including looper, is synced. 

(To be perfectly accurate, the clock signal is originating in a ModFactor, then passed thru the TimeFactor to the PitchFactor; and then out to a Nemesis Delay and then looper.)

Steve 

Hi Steve,

Is the TimeFactor set to send midi clock out, and is the TF synced to midiclock?  Can you make it work by just connecting the MF to the PF?

Dan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.