H9 Hotknob/Performance Button editing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Hotknob/Performance Button editing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      noladc1967
      Participant

On the presets that use the performance button, is it possible to change that value. for example changing the fast and slow speeds on a tremolo patch

that's a good question. bump

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't understand the question.

noladc1967
      Participant

I am using an external pedal for the aux foot switch on the H9. It works perfectly.  I have the performamce switch mapped to my external foot pedal. Most of the preset patches on the h9 have some parameter that can be accessed. Delays have infinite repeat. Others have hotknob settings or fast /slow speeds. My question is is the performance switch setting within a preset editable   .

mrpollack2

Really good question..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I must be the only person who does not understand this question.

I'm guessing that you are asking if the Performance switch can be assigned to different functions.

If this is the case, the answer is no – the function is fixed according to which pedal the algorithm came from.

noladc1967
      Participant

Not the function but the parameters of the function. for example  . on the shimmer patch   the performance button is a hotswitch that chages the values on B-pitch between 493c and 1193c . i get that you may not be able to change from B-pitch. but can i change the values that the hotswitch goes between

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

Sorry for being so dim. This is a SPACE feature, so it is
      harder to set up on the H9 which does not have the middle HotSwitch
      button.  But, you can program it from H9Control – here is a link to the
      manual:

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/H9ControlUG1.aspx

Go to the section "Programming the HotSwitch Patch" to
      read about how to change what's mapped to the HotSwitch for each preset. 

You could probably do it on the H9 directly, but it would be
      rather fiddly, so I'm not going to suggest it.

thatsrayor

So this is only available on SPACE algorithms?

I would personally love to see this expanded to the rest of the algorithms.

gkellum
      Participant

thatsrayor:

So this is only available on SPACE algorithms?

The HotSwitch is currently only on the SPACE algorithms and the new algorithms.  We've had some people ask for the HotSwitch in other algorithms.  In some algorithms though the performance switch is doing something that isn't possible any other way for instance the performance switch triggers the learn function on some PitchFactor algorithms.  So, we couldn't make the performance switch always be a HotSwitch although I suppose we could think about adding a HotSwitch patch in addition to the normal performance switch for some algorithms.

thatsrayor

While I understand that the performance switch is necessary for changing keys on the fly, I would rather have the HotSwitch across the board and program any PF algorithms in advance.

It seems the HotSwitch could do everything the performance switch does on TF and MF algos while giving much, much more versatility (apart from maybe the speed up/slow down on the MF).

pauliusmm

It would be cool if the hotswitch could be added to all algos.

one more question: can you adjust performance switch in any way? For example slow/fast settings- how slow and how fast the rate is?

gkellum
      Participant

pauliusmm:

one more question: can you adjust performance switch in any way? For example slow/fast settings- how slow and how fast the rate is?

No, only the hotswitch is programmable.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.