H9: how to simulate Dunlop Q95 wah [engage/effect/disengage] with midi-expression pedal?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: how to simulate Dunlop Q95 wah [engage/effect/disengage] with midi-expression pedal?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dedeman

H9 – Is it possible to [activate] a midi-loaded preset [Q-wah algo] with a midi-expression pedal?

Scenario:

1. From a midi controller, a program change is sent to a H9 which loads a Q-WAH preset, but inactive (bypass) – that I can do already;

2. Pressing the expression pedal – connected to the midi controller – from zero towards max value should: a) activate the wah preset, b) variate the assigned parameters

3. Reverting the expression pedal to 0-10 range would return parameters to zero and deactivate de Q-WAH preset (bypass).

Basically, simulating a Dunlop 95Q wah? This wah has a spring that puts back the pedal in zero position when stepping off and disengages the wah effect with a microswitch.

michaelboe
      Participant
      dedeman wrote:

H9 – Is it possible to [activate] a midi-loaded preset [Q-wah algo] with a midi-expression pedal?

Scenario:

1. From a midi controller, a program change is sent to a H9 which loads a Q-WAH preset, but inactive (bypass) – that I can do already;

2. Pressing the expression pedal – connected to the midi controller – from zero towards max value should: a) activate the wah preset, b) variate the assigned parameters

3. Reverting the expression pedal to 0-10 range would return parameters to zero and deactivate de Q-WAH preset (bypass).

Basically, simulating a Dunlop 95Q wah? This wah has a spring that puts back the pedal in zero position when stepping off and disengages the wah effect with a microswitch.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SP-H9?adpos=1o1&creative=103263529321&device=t&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=SP-H9&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzZHEBRD0ivi9_pDzgYMBEiQAtvxt-JIc7TsvIWg-4uypnDPIGJct2Ze9oA6NIkeWeat5-coaAul18P8HAQ

dedeman

I already have an expression pedal. The question is related to settings inside H9 and midi controller, if needed.

The expression pedal you recommend doesn’t seem to do it.

dedeman

After some thinking, I asigned the expression pedal the same CC number as for Activate parameterof H9. Now, I can load the preset with midi PC, with H9 runing Q-WAH algo as inactive, and when I press the expression pedal, H9 is activated and the expression (WAH) acts as intended, in one simple move. ALMOST PERFECT… BUT NOT REALLY, because H9 is activated only after expression is over halfway pressed, when it’s starting to send CC value over 64. MOREOVER, as soon as pedal is going back and the CC value transmitted goes back bellow 63, the H9 is deactivated.

At this point it would be great to be able to set a MID point for expression pedal, very close to 0, so that it would send CC value 64 when pedal is just above minimum value.

Eventide, is this possible? Could you consider this for a future software update?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.