H9 hum

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 hum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      owen33

My H9 hums when powered.  Is this normal?  It's really loud on power up but there is still a hum coming from inside the pedal.  Its not in my guitar amp chain, it's the pedal itself… just sitting powered on making a slight hum.

gkellum
      Participant

No, that's not normal.  You're powering it with the Eventide power supply?  Does it sound like it could be a ground loop?  

owen33

Powered with the eventide supply.  That is the only thing plugged in.  No guitar or amp.  It makes a hum noise like you would expect a tube amp's transformer to make.  It works fine but something internal in the pedal is making the noise.

owen33

Using the supplied eventide wall wart.  That is the only thing plugged in.  No guitar or amp.  Its something internally in the pedal humming.  Like a transformer would hum.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Hum is usually a ground loop. If the H9  supply and amp are plugged into different power strips or outlets and the grounds aren't solid you could hear hum.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

We haven't run into this before. If the pedal itself is humming please send an email to support@eventide.com

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Is the USB plugged in ?

owen33

No, just the power plug, no usb, no 1/4 in plugs to guitar or amp, nothing else plugged in to the power strip.  On power up it's a loud hum followed by a click and then a less noticeable hum.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think we all misread your posts, and figured that the hum was heard at the amp, whereas you are saying that the pedal ITSELF is humming.

This must be a hardware problem, probably in the internal power circuitry, so you should contact support@eventide.com. Sorry.

doombie22
      Participant

i get it sometimes with my usb plugged in

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

doombie22:

i get it sometimes with my usb plugged in

This will be a different thing, probably a ground loop. Try and make sure that everything connected to your H9 (including your computer and monitor) are plugged into the same power outlet.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.