H9 Ignores Preset Range When Using MIDI Footswitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Ignores Preset Range When Using MIDI Footswitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      panthalassa
      Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure if this post should be directed here or to the folks at Disaster Area Amps, so my thanks to you all for fielding this question:

As my subject line indicates, no matter what the preset range is set to, my MIDI switcher – in this case my DMC-2 Gen. 2 – scrolls right past the end of the preset range and I’m treated to all 99 presets. Loading new preset lists does not solve the problem (one list contains only 3 algorithms). I feel like I’m really doing something wrong here, though my Tech 21 MIDI Mouse did the same thing.

Any thoughts?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not sure if I quite understand – preset range is more of a display function to limit the number of presets that are visible or can be stepped through.

With MIDI, you control both the MIDImap, and the actual Program Change you send, so it would seem irrelevant.

panthalassa
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

I’m not sure if I quite understand – preset range is more of a display function to limit the number of presets that are visible or can be stepped through.

With MIDI, you control both the MIDImap, and the actual Program Change you send, so it would seem irrelevant.

Thank you for your reply. I don’t think it’s irrelevant when. I do not have control over how many programs I switch through. Now, on the H9, I can step through the preset range I set without a hitch. When I try to do the same on another MIDI switcher, I scroll right past my set preset range regardless of where i set it. I hope that is clearer now.

panthalassa
      Participant

I figured out – as many of you probably already did – that you need not only limit the preset range on the H9 via the Control app or the unit itself; you have to limit the Progam Receive Change map as well. In the H9 Control App, go to Pedal > MIDI Settings > Program Receive Change Map. There you will find the grocery list of Programs and what they do. I just changed the ones I wasn’t using – in my case, Program Changes numbers 19 to 99 – to “none.”

Now my MIDI switcher -the DMC-2 –  recognizes the change and stops at 19 (but not 18, which is strange) or #1 if I’m scrolling backward. Nor does it scroll to the beginning – i.e., from algorithm 18 to 1, if I continue to press the increment button on the DMC-2. I have to scroll backward. That’s not that big of a deal. I simply go to the right button on the H9 itself, and programs will circulate to the beginning (…16, 17, 18, 1, 2,…). This involves some extra tap dancing.

So, this leads me to a new question – again, one which I’m not sure belongs here or with Disaster Area Designs. Can we get the H9 to transmit some sort of  “wraparound scrolling” feature?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.