H9 + Infinity Looper + midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 + Infinity Looper + midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kenhan
      Participant

The H9 and the Infinity Looper are the only midi devices on my board, and I go from H9 midi out/thru to Infinity midi in. With that said, what is the right midi out/transfer mode in the H9 app? I’m trying to figure out how to sync H9 and Inifnity to the tempo I tap out on the H9. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It will depend on what MIDI control (if any) you are sending TO the H9, and whether you want it to reach the Infinity.

kenhan
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

It will depend on what MIDI control (if any) you are sending TO the H9, and whether you want it to reach the Infinity.

In this case I’m not sending any midi messages TO the H9. I’m only interested in sending the tap tempo info to the Inifinity Looper.

Case #2

Is it possible to send tempo info from Garage Band / Logic / Reaper to H9 via bluetooth, and then from the H9 to other devices? If so, how would one configure this in the H9 Control app and the MacOS midi settings? I find midi very confusing. Thanks for your help.

gkellum
        Participant
        kenhan wrote:

In this case I'm not sending any midi messages TO the H9. I'm only interested in sending the tap tempo info to the Inifinity Looper.

Both Transmit and Thru + MIDI Clock will send tempo information.  Since you only want the H9 to send tempo information but not otherwise control the Infinity Looper, I suppose you'll want to use Thru + MIDI Clock
        kenhan wrote:

Case #2

Is it possible to send tempo info from Garage Band / Logic / Reaper to H9 via bluetooth, and then from the H9 to other devices? If so, how would one configure this in the H9 Control app and the MacOS midi settings? I find midi very confusing. Thanks for your help.

It is possible, but this won't work well.  Sending the tempo information over Bluetooth adds too much jitter to the tempo and the devices that are trying to decipher the MIDI clock ticks end up swinging wildly around the true tempo.  The mechanism for sending MIDI information over Bluetooth is under Settings.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        kenhan wrote:

In this case I'm not sending any midi messages TO the H9. I'm only interested in sending the tap tempo info to the Inifinity Looper.

In that case, you should set

MIDI OUTPUT = XMT

MIDI CLK.OUT = ON

This will send MIDI clock to the looper, which it should accept.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.