H9 into FXLoop of Fractal Audio AX8

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 into FXLoop of Fractal Audio AX8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jiagap

Hi all, newbie to H9. I just purchased to add some nice tone to my AX8. However, I am ignorant as to how to make it work in the FXLoop of the AX8. When I run a guitar direct into the H9 and into an amp it works fine. However when I connect to the AX8 via the FXLoop nothing. I imagine it is just something simple in the H9 Setup with midi or something, but I cannot figure it out. Any help, basic 101 for set up into effects loop of AX8 would be great. See below link to it being done, but not enough info on how to get it set up.

Thanks for any help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-wmFMMMNs&feature=emb_logo

camn
      Participant

how have you tried setting it up?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think you may need to have words with Mr.Fractal.

If the H9 works fine with a guitar and an amp, it is good to go, and there will be some external reason why your setup is not as you would want.

To totally rule out the H9, "Restore Factory System Settings" as described in UM, and make sure you are using TS (mono) jack leads.

camn
      Participant

I mean, for all we know he has his I/O swapped, or its not plugged in or he has MIDI going into an Audio jack.

We just can’t know, since there are literally no details of his setup.

jiagap

Thanks for the response. I found out the main problem – the FXLoop on the AX8 is also the OUTPUT 2, which I had never used so I had it turned all the way down. I turned it up and surprise it works. However I have some fine tuning stuff now, that I will post on the Fractal board. While I have the AX8 L&R output going into the L&R input of the H9 and the H9 L&R output into the AX8 L&R Input it is NOT coming out in stereo. While I just used the H9 direct into my monitors the stereo was marvolous, but through the AX8 I am only getting mono. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:
      I mean, for all we know he has his I/O swapped, or its not plugged in or he has MIDI going into an Audio jack. We just can't know, since there are literally no details of his setup.

You understand the joy of Customer Support …

jiagap wrote:

Thanks for the response. I found out the main problem – the FXLoop on the AX8 is also the OUTPUT 2, which I had never used so I had it turned all the way down. I turned it up and surprise it works. However I have some fine tuning stuff now, that I will post on the Fractal board. While I have the AX8 L&R output going into the L&R input of the H9 and the H9 L&R output into the AX8 L&R Input it is NOT coming out in stereo. While I just used the H9 direct into my monitors the stereo was marvolous, but through the AX8 I am only getting mono. 

Did you connect AX8 with H9 at the end of the day?

I just bought an H9 and I cannot make it work!

I connected midi out (ax8) to midi in (h9). I connected the AX8 input to Output 1 (h9). I connected my gjitar to input 1 h9. I created an fx loop on ax8 editor. I setup channel 1 for both ax8 and h9. I setup clock ON on h9, I also put the h9 on thru mode. But the sound coming out is terrible! The midi settings work fine but the sound is not right! Any suggestion?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Fran-Garofano wrote:
      Did you connect AX8 with H9 at the end of the day? I just bought an H9 and I cannot make it work! I connected midi out (ax8) to midi in (h9). I connected the AX8 input to Output 1 (h9). I connected my gjitar to input 1 h9. I created an fx loop on ax8 editor. I setup channel 1 for both ax8 and h9. I setup clock ON on h9, I also put the h9 on thru mode. But the sound coming out is terrible! The midi settings work fine but the sound is not right! Any suggestion?

Sounds like you should reinstall your H9's software. Have you tried that in H9 Control? (Pedal Settings -> Update Stompbox's Software -> choose the latest one)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.