H9 Killdry

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Killdry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      gas hed
      Participant

Hello folks,

Can someone help me understand the advantage of Killdry?  I have one H9 that I use in my amplifier’s tube drive, buffered FX loop.  If I use Killdry what (if anything) will it do with my tone?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      gas hed wrote:

Can someone help me understand the advantage of Killdry?  I have one H9 that I use in my amplifier's tube drive, buffered FX loop.  If I use Killdry what (if anything) will it do with my tone?

The purpose of KillDry is to (wait for it) kill the dry signal, so the MIX control just adjusts the wet level. It would normally be used with a parallel effects loop or in a mixer effects send/return setup to avoid having adding the dry signal from the pedal to the effects loop/mixer dry signal.

Beyond this, it should not affect the tone.

gas hed
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

gas hed wrote:

Can someone help me understand the advantage of Killdry?  I have one H9 that I use in my amplifier’s tube drive, buffered FX loop.  If I use Killdry what (if anything) will it do with my tone?

The purpose of KillDry is to (wait for it) kill the dry signal, so the MIX control just adjusts the wet level. It would normally be used with a parallel effects loop or in a mixer effects send/return setup to avoid having adding the dry signal from the pedal to the effects loop/mixer dry signal.

Beyond this, it should not affect the tone.

Thanks for the feedback.  I suppose this is more of a curiosity question and that nagging thought of “maybe it could sound even better!”.  I’m guessing my Suhr PT15 amp has a parallel effects loop.  But does it matter if I send dry signal into my loop along with the wet signal?  Like does it really have any impact on tone?  I’m guessing not, but I guess I should experiment to find out for sure.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      gas hed wrote:

Like does it really have any impact on tone?

Yes. The dry sound will be louder if you don't kill dry and mix it in.

And if you don't use relay (true) bypass, the dry sound will be different when bypassed as it still goes throught the H9.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.