H9 Listening Demo feedback

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Listening Demo feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      HejDuke

Hello,

I’m interested in obtaining the settings used in the listening demos of the various algorithms.  Are the “listening demos” using the standard presets in algorithms or have these been tweaked specifically for the demos?  Thanks.

As an aside, I just purchased SpaceTime, based off what I heard in listening demo SpaceTime3 and SpaceTime4, so the demo’s work with making sales, much like food samples do while shopping in the grocery store; I always seem apend more on those sample days, dang it.  Anyway, getting more listening demos for each algo would also be a request for Eventide.  Some samples are not so good, especially not helpful when there’s only one or two to go off of. Not intending to insult, just sayin’.

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

We made a push last summer to add more demos for some of the algorithms.  We did add a bunch of new demos but there still are a lot of holes.  If you have a second and wouldn't mind letting us know which demos you found lacking, we could put those on our TODO list.

With regards to presets, with a lot of our original batch of audio demos we didn't have any information about what preset was used to create them, but with more recent audio demos we have been keeping track of that.  On that algorithm pages on our website it does show the preset names of samples where we know the preset name:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/algorithms/index

We need to make that information available in the app as well.

HejDuke
        gkellum wrote:

We made a push last summer to add more demos for some of the algorithms.  We did add a bunch of new demos but there still are a lot of holes.  If you have a second and wouldn’t mind letting us know which demos you found lacking, we could put those on our TODO list.

With regards to presets, with a lot of our original batch of audio demos we didn’t have any information about what preset was used to create them, but with more recent audio demos we have been keeping track of that.  On that algorithm pages on our website it does show the preset names of samples where we know the preset name:

Thanks for the speedy reply!  Appreciate your response.  I’ve listened to all of them but I have not compiled a feedback list (yet) but right off the top of my head, I’d say the listening demo for Pitch-Shifting > H910/H949 is not the best representation of such an awesome algorithm. Admittedly, I bought it anyway as I was knew “Ballerina” was a patch right out of Steve Vai’s, Passion and Warfare, from a composition of the same name.  Idea: maybe pull a few voicings from that tune in an upcoming listening demo.

Thanks for asking for feedback.  I encourage other users or potentials buyers to do likewise.

Given To Fly
        Participant
        HejDuke wrote:

gkellum wrote:

We made a push last summer to add more demos for some of the algorithms.  We did add a bunch of new demos but there still are a lot of holes.  If you have a second and wouldn’t mind letting us know which demos you found lacking, we could put those on our TODO list.

With regards to presets, with a lot of our original batch of audio demos we didn’t have any information about what preset was used to create them, but with more recent audio demos we have been keeping track of that.  On that algorithm pages on our website it does show the preset names of samples where we know the preset name:

Thanks for the speedy reply!  Appreciate your response.  I’ve listened to all of them but I have not compiled a feedback list (yet) but right off the top of my head, I’d say the listening demo for Pitch-Shifting > H910/H949 is not the best representation of such an awesome algorithm. Admittedly, I bought it anyway as I was knew “Ballerina” was a patch right out of Steve Vai’s, Passion and Warfare, from a composition of the same name.  Idea: maybe pull a few voicings from that tune in an upcoming listening demo.

Thanks for asking for feedback.  I encourage other users or potentials buyers to do likewise.

“Ballerina 12/24” is why I bought the PitchFactor, but I figured it did other things too. laugh

I realize the Ring Modulator is a hard sell. It is difficult to explain and it usually sounds ugly. However, sometimes “ugly” is a very musically effective tool. Just a thought….marketing and accounting probably won’t like it. surprise  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.