[H9] Load multiple preset lists to stompbox

Home Forums Products Stompboxes [H9] Load multiple preset lists to stompbox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      LooneyNina
      Participant

Ok, so my question is this … I’ve made myself multiple preset lists. For each song I’m playing its own preset list. Now there is a concert ahead of me and I would want to make a playlist with all the presets loaded to my stompbox. But if I transfer a preset list to my H9, it overwrites the previous one. So I guess I can only load one preset? This is now a big mess for me, I don’t want to make one preset list for all the songs, because that would be really messy. I would like the preset lists to take their spots on the stompbox following the previous preset list. So, for example, preset list1: 1-9, preset list2: 10-15, preset list3: 16-22 …. 

Is this even possible? Or am I missing something? Am I not using it right?

Thank you!

Nina

lmlyons
      Participant

I do not know the answer directly to this question Nina.  The one big preset can work.  I do it differently –  I have a midi controller (Voodoo GCP)  that  I configured so that I call up a bank ( a song), and the 4 bottom buttons handle quick access to 4 presets.  Step on the up or down bank button, and you are accessing the next 4 presets – up to 99.   The difference is the grouping of 4 and a bit bigger display that lets me know were I am at.  I then set the banks up in song list list order when performing,  and then in ‘like sounds’ order when recording.  When I am recording, after I have ‘invented the perfect effect for a song’ I save the H9 patch, then include the exact settings into the song list order when adding the song to the show.  Pretty sweet to me, but your milage may vary, as they say.  The top 8 buttons are configured to handle other effects pedals and audio control, if you are looking at the GCP online.

It provides more flexibilty than song control.  I control all my effects and amps from my stage postion with one button push, keep all effects next to the amps, move the amps off stage if needed, shorten the ‘noisy cable runs’ down to a few feet, and a one access device makes the performance area clean.   It works well with the H9 – I control three at a time.    

Hope you find a quick solution.

Take care, inspire many,

Lance   

gkellum
      Participant
      looneynina wrote:

No, unfortunately, it's not possible as you described it.  We've never had a request before to save a preset list at an offset start position on the H9.  It wouldn't be terribly difficult to do, but for now, I think you'll be best off combining your multiple preset lists into a single combined preset list.

I made a video showing how you can do this quickly using the desktop version of H9 Control using the copy key command.  The same approach will work on iOS as well although you'll have to use the 'Copy Preset' function under the More menu instead of a key command: https://youtu.be/fmrTMGpJT7s

LooneyNina
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

looneynina wrote:

No, unfortunately, it’s not possible as you described it.  We’ve never had a request before to save a preset list at an offset start position on the H9.  It wouldn’t be terribly difficult to do, but for now, I think you’ll be best off combining your multiple preset lists into a single combined preset list.

I made a video showing how you can do this quickly using the desktop version of H9 Control using the copy key command.  The same approach will work on iOS as well although you’ll have to use the ‘Copy Preset’ function under the More menu instead of a key command: https://youtu.be/fmrTMGpJT7s

gkellum, thank you, that was a very nice gesture, I didn’t know you can copy presets like that, I was mainly using ipad and there it probably isn’t that easy. It would be really helpfull if I could for example select three preset lists and send it to H9 altogether. And yes, I can imagine that is not really hard to do from programming point of view, so that would be my kind request for future updates, if possible.

I also have another question. When I am uploading presets to H9, it always asks me if I want to adjust the number of accessible presets on my stompbox. I’ve clicked “never ask me again”, or whatever exactly it said and thought I agreed to always adjust the list on H9 to fit the uploaded presets and it doesn’t. And now I don’t know how to fix that setting.

lmlyons, btw, that sounds really nice. Can you show some photo of your setup? 🙂

Thank you all for your help. For now I’m uploading preset list for each song in the live situation. It is the most fool proof method at the moment, since I have only started to use the effects about 3 months ago.

Nina

gkellum
        Participant
        looneynina wrote:

I also have another question. When I am uploading presets to H9, it always asks me if I want to adjust the number of accessible presets on my stompbox. I've clicked "never ask me again", or whatever exactly it said and thought I agreed to always adjust the list on H9 to fit the uploaded presets and it doesn't. And now I don't know how to fix that setting.

If you click the Settings button in the bottom menubar of H9 Control and go to Reset Settings, if you click the button on that page 'Reset Warning Dialogs', that will bring that dialog back.

lmlyons
        Participant
        looneynina wrote:

gkellum wrote:

looneynina wrote:

No, unfortunately, it’s not possible as you described it.  We’ve never had a request before to save a preset list at an offset start position on the H9.  It wouldn’t be terribly difficult to do, but for now, I think you’ll be best off combining your multiple preset lists into a single combined preset list.

I made a video showing how you can do this quickly using the desktop version of H9 Control using the copy key command.  The same approach will work on iOS as well although you’ll have to use the ‘Copy Preset’ function under the More menu instead of a key command: https://youtu.be/fmrTMGpJT7s

gkellum, thank you, that was a very nice gesture, I didn’t know you can copy presets like that, I was mainly using ipad and there it probably isn’t that easy. It would be really helpfull if I could for example select three preset lists and send it to H9 altogether. And yes, I can imagine that is not really hard to do from programming point of view, so that would be my kind request for future updates, if possible.

I also have another question. When I am uploading presets to H9, it always asks me if I want to adjust the number of accessible presets on my stompbox. I’ve clicked “never ask me again”, or whatever exactly it said and thought I agreed to always adjust the list on H9 to fit the uploaded presets and it doesn’t. And now I don’t know how to fix that setting.

lmlyons, btw, that sounds really nice. Can you show some photo of your setup? 🙂

Thank you all for your help. For now I’m uploading preset list for each song in the live situation. It is the most fool proof method at the moment, since I have only started to use the effects about 3 months ago.

Nina

Nina,

Heres an image.   I have it in my practice space now, gettng ready to record.   If it was in show mode, the display on the controller would have a song name, and a section number in the song.  Just press the up or down arrow to progress to the next song.  When you kick in a songsection, it calls up all the changes for the three H9’s AND kicks in any of the other effects, like complressor, or dirt pedal(s).  I can enjoy the show, my band mates,  the crowedfans.   Its a bit different than toe tapping all around the pedal board.

I had a snake built that connects everything.  Youll see the amps pedals hooked up – they don’t need to be because they have midi control, even the evil twin. They are also called up in show song mode.   I have them connected because Im in recording inventing mode.  Amp pedals on left,  GCP middle, volume (mostly) controller,  tap tempo.  One of the H9’s is the master time clock, the other are slaves.  The master H9 ‘front ends’ the amps.  The two other H9’s are inserted into the effects loop of each amp.  Cable lengths kept to a minimum,  pedals and snake go into the rack at bottom for transport.  There is a side benefit.  My son who graciously is my tech for a paultry pay,  can see if I am too forgetfull, and make changes himself from the side of the stage.  So can our front of house engineer.  

Marcel
      Participant

@looneynina – Hi Nina,
      Don’t know if it is any help, or if it is handy in a live situation, but a possible approach could be to adjust a complete combined list regarding start preset and end preset, but you’ll need to do a bit of programming in the live situation. You can make one combined preset list, and adjust the start and end preset (hmm…said that already). See page 19 of the manual, or the picture I added.

Easier approaches are possible if you can make use of an iPad during the show.

LooneyNina
      Participant

gkellum, thank you, that saved the day 🙂

lmlyons, I bow to you, this is the most neat setup I’ve seen so far and I love it. I will look into it and try to learn something from you. 🙂

Cheers,

Nina

lmlyons
      Participant

In return, I bow to you.  We are all equalls on this good earth, yes?.    :o)       I appreciate that you might see value in simplicity Nina, although it might not look like it on the face of it.   The true power of the system is found in the MAX H9’s incredible pallet of voices.   I simply needed a way to access and channel those almost infinite possiblities, into a fast moving performance and show – along with all of the other possibilities that the amps and other effects bring.   There are certainly better ways, this is just the one I chose given what I knew at the time.  

Take care

Lance       

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.