H9 Looper beat 1 and beat 2 recording lenght doesn’t work. Is it a bug?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Looper beat 1 and beat 2 recording lenght doesn’t work. Is it a bug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

I revised the looper algo this week. I wanted to do some stutter type loops. I stumbled on this problem. When recording (quantised) BPM loops the max-lenght works as expected if you set it to 3 beats or higher. But it doesn’t work when you set it to 1 or 2 beats. When you press recording (when setting max lenght to 1 or 2 beat) it doesn’t play after the recording is done instead it enters stop mode and you can’t use overdub. I have set Play-mode to autoplay. So to sum up: it starts playing when you set it to 3 beats or higher but not when you set it to 1 beat or 2 beats. Doesn’t matter how high or low you set the BPM. It seems like this is a bug?

May I add one wish to the Looper algo while we are here? It would be nice if it could do quantised replace. It does replace now but not quantised. If it is quantised you get more musical sequence like results. Like the Echoplex looper does. If it it unquantised replace like in the H9 it becomes too uncontrolable and random. Is there a way to implement this somehow? It would make the Looper even better. Thanks

brock
      Participant

No answers here, but I ran into a similar issue a few years back; using odd time signatures & AUTOPLAY:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/31329#comment-31329

John Baylies
      Participant

> it starts playing when you set it to 3 beats or higher but not when you set it to 1 beat or 2 beats. Doesn't matter how high or low you set the BPM. It seems like this is a bug?

I've confirmed that PLAY-MODE: AUTOPLAY won't auto-play if TEMPO is ON and MAX-LENGTH is less than 3 BEATS. That's a bug, yes.

> quantized replace

I'll make a note of this.

Bodde
      Participant
      John Baylies wrote:

> it starts playing when you set it to 3 beats or higher but not when you set it to 1 beat or 2 beats. Doesn't matter how high or low you set the BPM. It seems like this is a bug?

I've confirmed that PLAY-MODE: AUTOPLAY won't auto-play if TEMPO is ON and MAX-LENGTH is less than 3 BEATS. That's a bug, yes.

> quantized replace

I'll make a note of this.

Ok great. Thanks for checking! Hope it can be corrected in a firmware update.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.