H9 Max Amp Setup

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max Amp Setup

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      highvoltagemusic
      Participant

Hi

I just bought the H9 Max and I have a Boss Katana 100 MKII. What’s the best signal chain in front of the amp of effects loop?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Congrats on your new purchase. I’m not sure what you’re asking. Do you want a recommendation as to how to connect H9 to the from of the amp or do you want recommendations on the types of effects that are useful in the effects loop?

highvoltagemusic
      Participant

Hello, Congrats on your new purchase. I’m not sure what you’re asking. Do you want a recommendation as to how to connect H9 to the from of the amp or do you want recommendations on the types of effects that are useful in the effects loop?

How to connect to my amp.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

There are three options:

option 1 – Guitar goes to input one on the H9, from output, one on the H9 to the front of your amp. If you tend to run your amp clean, this will work just fine. However, if you are going to be using the distortion of your amp. It’s best to connect the H9 to the effects loop.

Option 2 – Connect your guitar directly to the amplifier. From the amp’s effects loop Send connect to input one of the H9. From output one of the H9 connect to the amps effects loop Return. This is a common configuration, but works best with time-based affects like delays or Reverb’s. I would not be using gain-based affects like distortion here.

Option 3: use H9’s pre-post mode to be able to direct signal to the front of the app when algorithms are set to PRE and direct signal to the effects loop when algorithms are set to POST. This videos explains PRE/POST mode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46_-T7emyjw&list=PLhT2MsSeKiDw6X56B_cfGPhD4GeBd3MA4&index=32

highvoltagemusic
        Participant

Never mind the video you attached answered my question. Thanks!

highvoltagemusic
      Participant

Joe,

I think option 2 will be the best option.

Thanks!

highvoltagemusic
      Participant

There are three options: option 1 – Guitar goes to input one on the H9, from output, one on the H9 to the front of your amp. If you tend to run your amp clean, this will work just fine. However, if you are going to be using the distortion of your amp. It’s best to connect the H9 to the effects loop. Option 2 – Connect your guitar directly to the amplifier. From the amp’s effects loop Send connect to input one of the H9. From output one of the H9 connect to the amps effects loop Return. This is a common configuration, but works best with time-based affects like delays or Reverb’s. I would not be using gain-based affects like distortion here. Option 3: use H9’s pre-post mode to be able to direct signal to the front of the app when algorithms are set to PRE and direct signal to the effects loop when algorithms are set to POST. This videos explains PRE/POST mode: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46_-T7emyjw&list=PLhT2MsSeKiDw6X56B_cfGPhD4GeBd3MA4&index=32

Hi I have my H9 going to the effects loop but I would like to add a delay pedal. I have the eventide micropitch what connections do I have to make and do I need to chage any setting in the H9? Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.