H9 max and h9 core software transfer

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 max and h9 core software transfer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Prscook

Hi guys. I bought the H9 max and last week I bought the H9 core. I was told I would be able to load all the h9 max affects into my h9 core. I haven’t tried to do it yet I’m on the road. Is it that I can do that if so how is it done. I tried searching on web but haven’t found anything yet. Plus I just found out they are discontinuing the core. I’m not sure if that is a good or bad thing since I just purchased it

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Congrats on your new pedal! In order to share Max algorithms with your Core, you must make sure the pedals are registered to the same Eventide account. Then when you have your Core paired with H9 Control, make sure your Core has updated firmware. Afterward, follow these steps.

1. In H9 Control, click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen
      2. Click the “Sync Algorithms on H9 with Server” button
      3. Click “Sync Algorithms on H9 with Server”

Now, all the algorithms registered to your account should show up on your Core.

This capability will never go away despite the Core model being discontinued. For as long as you own the Max, your Core will be able to use Max algorithms.

Prscook

Hi thanks for the response. I have tried what you said to do but after I sync my core to server I still only show 25 presets. My h9 max shows 99. Do I need to ha e both h9 connected at the same time ? What I’m trying to do is make the core the same as the max all the same presets

Prscook

I’d like to have the core setup just like the max same list of presets in the same order is there a way to restore the max settings to the core I tried the sync but that doesn’t seem to do it

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Question: When you connect your Core to H9 Control, do you see all 52 algorithms available to choose from, or do you only see the H910/H949 algorithm available?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Similarly, you can test to see if your Core has all the algorithms from the front panel. Just press the "Presets" button twice and you should see the name of the algorithm you're currently on. Use the knob to scroll through algorithm names. If you only see "H910/H949" then it did not sync properly. However, if you see more names than just "H910/H949" then you can be certain all the algorithms are loaded into the pedal. Now it's up to you to populate them into the available preset slots.

If you want to make a copy of your H9 Max, I recommend uploading all of the current presets of your H9 Max to a list on H9 Control. Then, you can download that list to your H9 Core for an exact preset copy.

Prscook

After syncing the core I only see 25 presets I guess its the h910 factor stuff when I check my max I have 99 presets . Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have registered both h9’s in the control app. I synced the max all the presets are listed in my app. Then when I connect the core and sync that in my app it’s say something software installed some message like that. But when I check the preset list on the app it’s still o my shows 25 presets and when I check the core it only has 25 presets.

Prscook

Thanks for reply. Here is what I have done so so
      *I paired my max to control app
      and verified current firmware
      * I then made sure the max was registered
      * then I synce to server and get a message its complete
      * I disconnect the max and pair the core and and verify it’s registered and has current firmware
      * I then proceed to sync to server and get a quick message it’s complete.
      But it doesn’t load all the presets the max has when I check the core it’s only has the original 25 presets . I was thinking that after I sync my max to the server it would store all the max presets then once I connect my core and sync to server it would put all the max presets on the core. And I thinking wrong about that ? Or am I missing a step or something

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I suggest that you do a complete re-initialization of your H9 – this will probably fix it. (See UM for details).

My guess is that it still thinks it is a Core.

Be sure to back up any important non-factory presets first.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Prscook wrote:
      After syncing the core I only see 25 presets

When you say "syncing" do you mean pairing to H9 Control? When you pair to H9 Control, all of the algorithms in the Algorithms tab should appear in color, not greyed out. Can you clarify what it is you are seeing, please?

Prscook wrote:
      When I connect the core and sync that in my app it's say something software installed some message like that.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. Can you copy the exact message please?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Prscook wrote:
      Thanks for reply. Here is what I have done so so *I paired my max to control app and verified current firmware * I then made sure the max was registered * then I synce to server and get a message its complete * I disconnect the max and pair the core and and verify it's registered and has current firmware * I then proceed to sync to server and get a quick message it's complete. But it doesn't load all the presets the max has when I check the core it's only has the original 25 presets . I was thinking that after I sync my max to the server it would store all the max presets then once I connect my core and sync to server it would put all the max presets on the core. And I thinking wrong about that ? Or am I missing a step or something

Hi, your presets on your H9 won't change after syncing with our server. So your 25 presets should stay same. We don't want users to lose their presets. You can either factory reset your H9 (powering up with the right footswitch and big black knob pressed). Or you can save your Max preset list in H9 Control, and import that list from H9 Control to your Core

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.