H9 Max and somewhere in time tone possible?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max and somewhere in time tone possible?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      tseipolt
      Participant

Hi guys,

is it possible to get a somewhere in time tone out of the H9 Max?

It is in the loop of my Marshall JVM410.

Thanks and greetings.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Not sure I understand what you’re asking. Are you asking about making FX like delay in time with the BPM of a song? The tap tempo is the easiest way to accomplish that. Or are you referring to some sort of latency?

tseipolt
      Participant

Hi,

I am thinking of the somewhere in time Sound from the Maiden album. I think it is a chorus und delay?

Thanks and greetings

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Oh geez, didn’t know you were talking about a song. LOL sorry. Not familiar. I’ll have to take a listen.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Just listened to it. If you’re referring to the guitar intro, even though I know they have multiple guitarists and doing real harmonies is their thing the intro sounds like it’s using some sort of “Harmonizer” on a single guitar at first. Yes the H9Max can do great pitch shifting harmonies. Although it’s best to have the guitar straight into the unit and not in the loop for pitch effects. Or more precisely not have distortion before the effect. The rest of the song sounds like lots of delay and other layered studio stuff. Delay and reverb and possible light chorus to thicken things up for the solos should work.

tseipolt
      Participant

Ok, Thanks a lot!

Yes, the harmonizer works great for that. The delays and chorus effects – do I need a second H9 or is there an algorythm, which can do the trick with some tweaking?

PRSGUY513
        Participant

Most the Pitch algorithms allow the ability to add delay and even modulation. I would play around with the different algorithms and see what you can achieve. The Micropitch algorithm is great to thicken things and add some modulation. Maybe switching to a different preset and use a modulation or delay algorithm would be better for other parts of the song. Most the algorithms give the ability to have other effects it’s just the full tweakability and pristine aspects of the sound is not as extensive as the different purpose algorithms. A second H9 is a huge step up into having super multi fx capabilities, but shouldn’t be necessary to get what you need for the song. I would probably go the multiple presets and some creative footwork. Play around and see what you can achieve. Have you checked out the newly reopened Preset exchange? There might be something there that could do the trick. Preset Exchange

tseipolt
      Participant

Thanks again for your fast and helpfull Response. I habe found a chorus/delay factory preset. Needs some tuning. I did not know the preset exchange. Very nice.

Again, thanks a lot.

Have a nice weekend.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.