H9 Max and Windows 10 using H9 Control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max and Windows 10 using H9 Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lovehifi

Hi all. I am having a problem with H9 Control and windows 10. If this if the wrong place to ask I apologize. Any way my new H9 connects fine using bluetooth but when using USB my PC says it does not recondize device. Also when I do open Control it says no divice is found. Are there Windows 10 USB drivers for the H9 Max I have to download or are they avaiable? Thanks 

gkellum
      Participant

H9 Control just uses the built in MIDI driver on Windows.  So, you should't need to install any special drivers.  

Could you please read through the section on connecting H9 Control to a Windows machine via USB in the H9 Control manual?  There's a trouble shooting section that addresses most of the reasons why people run into problems connecting an H9 on a Windows machine.  The H9 Control manual is bundled into H9 Control under Settings / Help, but you can also read it online here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9ControlManual.pdf

lovehifi

Certainly will but now have another issue. When bypass relay is selected I get sound. When I hit active it mutes alll sound. I dont know. Maybe this isn’t my cup of tea. I am just running my guitar into input one and output one top amp. Using bluetooth on Pad to control it. Even reset all setting and no luck. Active switch on mutes everything. Think I am over it. 

gkellum
        Participant
        lovehifi wrote:

Active switch on mutes everything. 

Hm. Well, make sure that you're going into input 1.  If you're going into input 2 with nothing connected to input 1, that will cause problems with some algorithms.  

lovehifi
        gkellum wrote:

lovehifi wrote:

Active switch on mutes everything. 

Hm. Well, make sure that you’re going into input 1.  If you’re going into input 2 with nothing connected to input 1, that will cause problems with some algorithms.  

Oh I did but I think I found the issue. The AC adaptor is bad and when I move the ac adaptor cable the unit cuts on and off . Probably a defective AC adaptor cord or even something wrong with the unit itself. Just going to return it. Sucks after waiting on it and then it being defective. So I am done with it. Thanks for your help anyway. 

gkellum
        Participant
        lovehifi wrote:

Oh I did but I think I found the issue. The AC adaptor is bad and when I move the ac adaptor cable the unit cuts on and off . Probably a defective AC adaptor cord or even something wrong with the unit itself. Just going to return it. Sucks after waiting on it and then it being defective. So I am done with it. Thanks for your help anyway. 

Ok, sorry to hear that.  If you wanted we could mail you another AC adapter for free;  you'd just need to send an email to support@eventide.com with a link to this forum thread and your address.  But if as you say "you're done with it", that's fine too…

lovehifi

Just an update. After getting over my frustration I returned the defective unit and have a new one that will arrive tomorrow. Excited because I know what it is capable of and hopefully this new one will work fine. 

lovehifi

Just recieved my new H9 and happy to report all works great. Tried it through my two 1966 Super Reverbs as well as my JVM Marshall. Also used it alongside my G major 2 and everything is working great. I have not even adusted anything yet and I already love it. 

gkellum
        Participant
        lovehifi wrote:

Just recieved my new H9 and happy to report all works great. I have not even adusted anything yet and I already love it. 

Awesome!  I'm glad you got everything sorted out after your initial unpleasant experience.

lovehifi

Thanks. Me too. Curious. Is there a way to power on off the H9 other than just unplugging it? Not a big deal if not. 

gkellum
        Participant
        lovehifi wrote:

Curious. Is there a way to power on off the H9 other than just unplugging it? 

No, there's no power switch.  You just unplug it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.