H9 Max Connection Order

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max Connection Order

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      atillaazizi
      Participant

Hi, I need help about connection order for my pedalboard.

I have *electric violin (it has also midi connection)

*Tonebone Pz-Pre 

*Eventide H9 Max

What is the best connection order for me?

From e.violin output to h9 max in than output to pz pre in than output to mixer ?

or ?

[/url]” />

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Since you have a dedicated preamp like the Radial PZ-PRE that is optimized for orchestral instruments, it’s best to connect your violin to that first. This way, you can make use of the onboard EQ, notch filter, and effects loop.

Deciding where to put the H9 Max depends on whether or not you wish to run stereo audio. Do you have a stereo playback system?

Option 1 – If mono is okay, you may put the H9 Max in the effects loop of your PZ-PRE using Input 1 and Output 1 of the H9. Then you can connect the output of the PZ-PRE to your mixer or speaker.

Option 2 – If you want stereo effects, then I would connect the Post EQ output of the PZ-PRE to Input 1 of the H9 Max and the outputs of the H9 to stereo inputs of your mixer; this will require either using two tracks on your mixer hard panned left & right or using a dedicated stereo input, if it has one.

Option 3 – Connect the H9 Max to the effects loop of your mixer, if it has one. This way you could route signal from any instrument or Mic connected to the mixer and send it to the H9 Max using the effects send; in this case it would be best to run the H9 in kill-dry mode.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

atillaazizi
      Participant

Hi joecozzi thanks for your reply

I tried the Option 1 but I don’t hear any effects with this connection

Here are some pictures 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

From the image, it looks like FOOTSWITCH is assigned to BOOST, which means whenever you step on the BOOST button, you’ll only ever hear the effects from the boost setting. FOOTSWITCH can also be assigned to the LOOP where your H9 is connected. Try setting that to LOOP and pressing the BOOST button. That should engage the loop for you.

If you want to keep the effects loop on all the time then you have to depress the button on the left side of the PZ-PRE next to the output. I’ve attached an image from the manual for you to see what I’m talking about. What is weird is I’m seeing images online that indicate that switch is there, but I don’t see it on your version. If you don’t have this option, you probably have an older unit and have to resort to keeping the loop on using the BOOST option above.

atillaazizi
      Participant

Yeah the FOOTSWITCH was assigned to BOOST, but Im switching to LOOP or BOTH and still no effects sad Just checked for the switch yes like you said its older unit sadno

atillaazizi
      Participant

I found it just changed the XLR cable from OUT PRE-EQ to OUT POST EQ and now it works with FOOTSWITCH is assigned to LOOP also in BOTH..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.