H9 MAx does not recognize audio input

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 MAx does not recognize audio input

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      deekman
      Participant

Hi All

I have an H9 Max that has suddenly stopped recognizing audio input.  First, here is the setup:

Guitar – H9 Max input(1) – H9 Max Output (1) – Amp input.  The H9 routing is set to “Normal” (i.e. not pre/post).

The H9 boots normally, will go into and out of active/bypass mode and will scroll through presets fine.  The issue is that there is no audio coming out of the stomp when it’s in the signal path, either when active or in bypass.  I believe it is not recognizing audio input as the green LED also does not light when the guitar is played.  Also, when in Tuner mode, there is no signal being recognized.  As well,  in H9 Control, when attempting to set the preset level, there is no change in behaviour.  In fact, the Green meters do not activate in the Input/Output level function no matter where I set them.

The H9 is using the factory power adapter.

I have individually tested the 2 cables in the chain both on a cable tester and with audio throughput.  Both are fine.

I have re-installed v 5.4.0 firmware on the H9.  I then re-initialized the H9.  Then I reset the H9 control software and re-registered the H9. 

I have confirmed output from the guitar directly to the amp using both cables.

Have I missed something?

gkellum
      Participant

It's possible with MIDI or an expression pedal to mute an H9.  So, to be on the safe side, please disconnect those…

Also could you double check that you're going into input 1 and out output 1?  Plugging into input 2 without anything connected to input 1 will cause problems.

deekman
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

It’s possible with MIDI or an expression pedal to mute an H9.  So, to be on the safe side, please disconnect those…

Also could you double check that you’re going into input 1 and out output 1?  Plugging into input 2 without anything connected to input 1 will cause problems.

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I am using Input/outpt 1.

I have nothing else connected to the pedal (e.g. Midi/Expression,etc).  Is there a way I can check if it’s been muted via some MIDI code?  Also, wouldn’t the re-install/re-initialize have cleared this if it were the case?

deekman
      Participant

Additional troubleshooting:

Enabeld Bypass & set Bypass to “Relay”. 

Now the pedal will produce output in Bypass mode only…so some prgress. 

Could the pedal be muted through a MIDI control code?  How can I check using the pedal interface or Control app?

gkellum
      Participant

There are a couple of different ways to reset an H9's settings.  Could you turn it off and then turn it on with the right footswitch and the big, black wheel pressed?  It should say "Initia" on the display.  It would be good to double check and make sure that it was fully returned to its factory settings…

deekman
      Participant

Yea, did that as mentioned

I’ve boxed it up and have an RMA.

Good day. I am having the same issue as this post. Does this got resolved?

deekman
        Participant
        Marq Quintela wrote:
        Good day. I am having the same issue as this post. Does this got resolved?

It was only resolved by sending the unit back for repair.

engina

I don’t get to see the green signal LED unless I’m in Relay Bypassing either.

What am I missing?

SPARTACO

And what did the eventide guys tell you that it had, the op-amp? or what was the problem? because I have the same situation but with the space, but I live in another country, and I would like to fix it, thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.