H9 Max Help!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lwflaxman

Hey guys, I could REALLY use some help. I need to adjust the input and output levels of my H9 Max… and the manual isn’t much help.

Running the latest H9 firmware, first place I checked was the manual… but, no help… Maybe the manual hasn’t been updated? Dunno. I even checked a few YouTube videos and same issue – the button combinations don’t seem to work to get me to those functions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What is the problem? Are you hearing a clipped signal? Are you having a problem with a particular algorithm?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

To adjust the input gain on an H9:

Press and hold the HOTKNOB button and Right Footswitch simultaneously for a few seconds to enter System Mode.

Turn the Knob until [UTILITY] is displayed.

Momentarily press the HOTKNOB button.

Turn the Knob until [INGAIN] is displayed.

Momentarily press the HOTKNOB button.

Turn the Knob to adjust the gain between 0dB and +18dB.

Press and hold the HOTKNOB button and Right Footswitch simultaneously for a few seconds to exit System Mode.

Remember, when you’re sending signal to the H9, you want the green LED to be solidly lit.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Output levels are adjusted on a preset basis. But if your input level is adjusted properly, you shouldn’t have to tweak this most of the time. I recommend using H9 Control to adjust output levels for your presets. But if you want to adjust it on the front panel:

Press and hold the Left Footswitch for 2 seconds and the display will show [OUTLVL], and then a second later [0] (or the current value).

Continue holding the Left Footswitch while turning the Knob to adjust output level from -12 dB [OUT-12] to +12 dB [OUT+12] in 1 dB increments.

Release the Footswitch – the Preset will return to its previous Active or Bypassed state.

The next time you do a Press and hold of the Left switch it will return to the last thing you adjusted.
      Note: Preset output levels must be saved even if there are no other changes to the preset or the output level will revert to its previous setting the next time the Preset is loaded. In other words, if you want the adjusted output level to ‘stick’, you must re-save the Preset.

lwflaxman
      joecozzi wrote:
      What is the problem? Are you hearing a clipped signal? Are you having a problem with a particular algorithm?

Yes, audio coming in is too low… and audio going out to my lunchbox amp is clipping – I have to set input gain on the amp to minimum.

Same issue across all algorithms.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.