H9 Max HotSawz Volume Spike

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max HotSawz Volume Spike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

As I’ve mentioned in other posts, I’m quite new to the H9 Max, but with the Control app, have found it a real treasure trove of sounds.

While trying out algorithms, I went to HotSawz, and even though my amp was set low, the volume spike of the some of the presets was enough to make me jump. So far, nothing else has done that. I know I can set the volume of the presets lower, but did I miss something on that particular algorithm? Is there some reason for those spikes?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

It is possible you’re encountering a preset that has one of the envelopes set aggressively and the volume of your pickups is triggering the effect abruptly. However, this doesn’t sound like normal behavior. From factory, the level from preset to preset is fairly consistent. I recommend storing any customized presets you may have created, reinstalling the firmware and giving the H9 a factory reset.

Daniel
      Participant

I haven’t made any presets, so that I can skip.

Is reinstalling the firmware the same process as installing it the first time? Then do a factory reset, right?

Thanks, Joe.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

The most sure fire process is connecting your pedal via USB to a Mac/Pc, opening up H9 Control, and initiating the update process in the Pedal tab > Stompbox Software > choose first option > click on Intall Software. Once that’s done, to restore Factory Presets and all System settings, power up the H9 while simultaneously pressing the Right Footswitch and the big Knob until [INITIA] is displayed.

Daniel
      Participant

… and pardon my confusion, but could you link the site’s page with instructions for re/installing firmware?

Daniel
      Participant

Thank you, Joe.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Just download and install the version of H9 Control compatible with your computer from this page: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/1151/installers

Daniel
      Participant

Thanks again. My apologies for not being more tech savvy.

apalazzolo
      Participant

I too noticed that some of the Hotsawz presets are in your face loud.   No big whoop though.  Just pull down the output fader on the right … maybe 4-6 Db.  

On a mildly related note, almost all algos have about  +/-16 Db output range.  Dualverb, however, has +6 and -20 Db of output control.  Why is that?  Can something unique be achieved because of this?

Daniel
      Participant

So connecting to my PC, do I need to be a particular Eventide page?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.