H9 max now? Really?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 max now? Really?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

I'm really hoping for a significant price drop or bundle pricing for algorithms. A core or harmonizer version fully loaded with every algorithm is over 1500 bucks. The max is less than half the price. As a newer user of the H9 harmonizer, I can't help but have a little buyers remorse here

Eventide, please make this right! 

gkellum
      Participant

We're going to offer an upgrade path for owners of H9 Core or H9 Standards to turn their H9s into Maxs by paying the difference in price between the units. That came up in this other Max thread:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/9787/44730.aspx#44730

That's the next thing we're going to be working on for H9 Control and hope to have it ready soon.

joeydego
      Participant

Exactly the answer I wanted! And even if it wasn't the answer I wanted, the way you guys are on top of this forum shows a commitment to your customer base. This is the mark of a GREAT company. Sadly my H9 is currently in for warranty repair 🙁 can't wait to get it back. Keep up the good work. 

KCStratman
      Participant

What about customers who have spent $x00 dollars on additional algos in addition to the price of their H9 Core and Standard? Will our units be hard coded for life like the Max? Will my H9s be secure for life in their algorithm collections when I pass them on to my son? Please address these "cloud" algorithm collection ownership issues.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Hopefully you've been using the algs that you've paid for and gotten some value from them. No, your algs are not hard-wired to your H9, they are in your account and will run on any (up to 5) H9 that you own. 

KCStratman
      Participant

That's the problem. Not a good deal for anyone who has invested in multiple units and additional algorithms.

Why won't Eventide clearly and unambiguously address this important issue?

Most importantly, what is the status of the collection of algorithms I have invested in over the next two decades? I feel like I invested in a piece of the "cloud" that might someday evaporate, whereas a Max owner is secure in their hardware investment. Maybe all H9 owners who have purchased 10 or more algos should be given Max status ( HINT! HINT!) And hardcode the units' upgrade.That is probably the only fair and satisfactory approach. If Eventide could make some sort of policy statement clarifying these cloud account algo ownership issues it would go a long way towards reassuring current customers as well as future ones.

KCStratman
      Participant

"Hopefully you've been using the algs that you've paid for and gotten some value from them. "

Hopefully you were overworked and in a hurry when you authored this rude and demeaning answer. That is precisely the attitude which will lose you customers by the score. GOTTEN SOME VALUE FROM THEM? I expect, no, rightfully demand, that I derive considerable use and value from my considerable investment for some time to come!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.