H9 Max Power Issue / No Alg message

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max Power Issue / No Alg message

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bosami

My H9 Max is dead in the water at the moment. When I try to power up the unit, it flashes, turns off and on as though I don’t have a tight electrical connection. If I wiggle the power input gently – it’s really touchy and feels loose. I noticed this last week but thought it was just a fluke, but it appears to be getting worse. The pedal is installed on a pedal board and I rarely take it off, so it is not as though it has seen any abuse or misuse in regards to the power supply.

On top of that – when I do get it to stay powered on – it displays a ‘No Alg’ message. I turned the knob and pressed the buttons but nothing seemed to help.

Thoughts?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, if the H9 is flashing on and off regularly, that would indicate that it has a bad flash.  But if it's flashing on and off erratically, it does sound like it has a bad power socket and the power socket needs to be replaced.

With regards to the 'No Alg' message, could you try pressing the 'Preset' switch and turning the wheel?

bosami
        gkellum wrote:

Well, if the H9 is flashing on and off regularly, that would indicate that it has a bad flash.  But if it’s flashing on and off erratically, it does sound like it has a bad power socket and the power socket needs to be replaced.

With regards to the ‘No Alg’ message, could you try pressing the ‘Preset’ switch and turning the wheel?

Tried pressing preset and turning the wheel. Nothing. I think it must be the power because it won’t stay on.The slightest jarring of the pedal knocks it offline.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can you confirm it is the socket rather than the power lead ?

If it is the socket, it's probably got banged at some time, which has damaged the solder joint to the pcb. If this is the case and it is in warranty, you should send it in. If it is not in warranty, you have a choice between sending it in, or having a tech-y person take the unit apart and trying to resolder it.

If it is the power lead, a new power unit is indicated.

bosami

It really appears to be a loose socket. The lead looks okay. The socket moves around pretty easy. I can go ahead and take the back off and have a look, but not sure what I’m looking for exactly. I do have a friend who is handy with a soldering gun.

bosami

I took the back off of the unit but I didn’t ‘t see anything that looks broken and though the power socket seems to be loose, I am not sure where anyone would solder it into place. It’s loose, but does not show obvious signs that it has become unattached. I wasn’t comfortable taking on a repair like this on my own – even with a friend who can solder. I sent in the power cable as well, just in case that is the culprit.

However, I did send the unit in several weeks ago and it’s still ‘being worked on.’ Seems to be taking an excessive amount of time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.