H9 Max – strange, de-tuned sounds

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max – strange, de-tuned sounds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gaca99
      Participant

Hello

I have problem with my H9 Max. Very often, just after powering the device, when I hit the strings I hear strange, usually de-tuned very bad sounds instead of voice of my preset.

I checked it in android/windows app and I see loaded completely different algorithm than my stored preset, even though on the H9 display still I see name and number of my preset.

When I change preset (one up or down) and go back to previous everything starts to work OK. It looks that at starts H9 loads strange trash instead of proper preset. H9 i powered by CIOKS DC7, but I tried other and no difference.

I tried factory reset, re-upload the newest firmware (5.8.5), but no change. It’s very annoying, almost all the time, right after powering up my pedalboard I need do change preset to have my H9 working well.  It drives me crazy …

HELP!!!

camn
      Participant

can we hear it?

gaca99
      Participant

I’m pasting link to movie – you can see and hear it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14KXIfPsKU8K2R5SbHNsSWrrhFQNMblsC/view?usp=sharing

Please pay attention that my stored no.4 preset is “blackhole” algotithm but H9 loads “crystals”. When I change preset one down and go back again to my preset everything is OK, proper algorithm “blackhole” is loaded

Any ideas?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

That's strange. Does your H9 powers up every time with Cystals loaded no matter what it was loading before you power off?

gaca99
      Participant

No. First of all it happens not every time, so it’s lottery. In general it is related to preset (algorithm) which was used when H9 was powered off. Crystals is incorrectly load when Blackhole was used, but sometimes when Tape Echo algorithm was used H9 loads I’d say “empty algorithm” – I mean when I press activate button it sounds like still in bypass (clean signal without any effect).  Unfortunately I didn’t check in app what algorithm it was. Of course when I change preset one up/down and go back everything is OK. I noticed that it never happened when Chorus or other modulation effect was used

Yesterday I wanted to check other algorithms but … everything worked well so I do not have nothing new to share with you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Let me know when you can reproduce and see a pattern there. It's worth trying to reinstall the software.

gaca99
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Let me know when you can reproduce and see a pattern there. It’s worth trying to reinstall the software.

So, after some tests I can say:

Mess often happens when “blackhole” was used, and instead of it my H9 always loads “crystals”.

Today I’ve noticed that instead of “Digital delay” “Diatonic” algorithm was loaded at start….

Unfortunately I use only several presets (less than 10) so it’s difficult to say how it behaves with other algorithms, but I’m sure that something is not correct with my device.

What do You mean “It’s worth trying to reinstall the software”?  Can I do it by myself? Is it something different than installing new firmware? 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      gaca99 wrote:

What do You mean “It's worth trying to reinstall the software”?  Can I do it by myself? Is it something different than installing new firmware? 

Yes. You can install the latest firmware in H9 Control or Direct Updater, which is bundled with H9 Control on PC or Mac

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.