H9 Max

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Max

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author
      grahamdwilliams
      Participant

Hi guys,

I've just received an email introducing a new version of the H9 that we've all been asking about …. one that has ALL the algos installed. As well as ALL future algos …. this thing is an absolute steal! Anyway, I have to ask ……

Will there be an upgrade path from a H9 to the H9 max? after all, it's just a software thing?

Enjoy.

Grado

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

We plan to announce an upgrade option early in the new year. We're working through the details. 

kdavies

That is awesome news!! 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

this is really good news and awesome platform … just got awesomer Big Smile

tsutek
      Participant

Sounds pretty good! Unfortunately this also means that my future algo purchases just got delayed until the details of such an upgrade option are revealed :

If one gets a H9MAX, I assume all algos also are unlocked for up to 5 H9 pedals, like with the paid etc algos? 🙂

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Correct. The algs will run on up to 4 add'l H9s. 

zoomex
      Participant
      toddedwards
      Participant

Yeah, it's great for those who have been sitting on the fence.  Not so great for early adopters who bought all the algorithms. 

marcusm750

Really?  I have to be the buzz kill here?

I dunno.  IMHO, I take this as Eventide "jumping the shark" a little.  I mean, yeah, hardware sales are an obvious must, bolstered nicely by the algorithm sales.  The relatively low price of the H9 platform itself combined with the potential to do more/exclusive algos was a good carrot to dangle in front of the Factor crowd to get them to migrate.

Still, early H9 adopters were left wanting for stacked effects and the Core satisfied their "secondary" needs.  An added bonus of this model is/was algos purchased for one unit also appear on the second (and third, and fourth…).  So now everyone's got their dual H9s loaded up with their key sounds.  In the mean time, have Factor sales dropped off to nil?  I kinda doubt it.  Have H9 sales dwindled?  I kinda doubt this too.  So why the need to blow the doors off with a kitchen-sink H9 plus all future algos thrown in to boot?!  The only possibility I can conclude is that the algo sales model simply is not working anymore to drive the end-game hardware sales.

One thing that would help this: more algorithms, of course!  I'm sure ET is sick of me harping for Uni-Vibe but what about a killer sitar emulator to compete with EHX?  How about convolution reverbs (even as unpredictable as they may be)?  What about Dynamic Distortion with Forced Feedback?!  (And, yes, Virginia, the world always needs more dirt boxes!)

Don't get me wrong; I think the Factors and H9 are the greatest stomps ever devised by mortal man.  But even the Max can't get me to bite just yet.  The gold-plated Max?  Meh.  Now, offer some of those algos I mentioned above, I'm all in.

[soapbox = off]

Bodde
      Participant

Although I like the news of the H9 max. I also have mixed feelings about it because I have just bought a H9 and purchased some extra algorithms. If I had known this I wouldn't have purchased the Algorithms or even would have waited to buy a H9.

KCStratman
      Participant

Yes, this made my investment in an H9 Standard, an H9 Core, and fifteen extra algos suddenly a poor one. If only the Max units are hard coded with all the algos for life what becomes of the base units years down the road – every time they get sold or traded they revert to stock and the new owner must reinvest in algos, right? Most importantly, what is the status of the collection of algorithms I have invested in over the next two decades? I feel like I invested in a piece of the "cloud" that might someday evaporate, whereas a Max owner is secure in their hardware investment. Maybe all H9 owners who have purchased 10 or more algos should be given Max status ( HINT! HINT!) That is probably the only fair and satisfactory approach. If Eventide could make some sort of policy statement clarifying these cloud account algo ownership issues it would go a long way towards reassuring current customers as well as future ones. When I depart this world I expect to be able to leave my son a classic ET fx rig that is good to go with no vaporware algorithm ownership issues. Please ET, let us know we made the right choice!

+1 for Univibe and a couple new algos aimed at or near EHX and Strymon. Thanks!

marcusm750

(cont.)

How about a be-all, end-all acoustic simulator?  It could include dreadnoughts, orchestras, jumbos, 12-strings, resonators, etc..  While not perfect, Line 6's Variax does this quite well and includes electric models too.  What about the bit crushers and slicers that others were requesting?  Not my thing but someone wants 'em!  How about straight-up synth pads based upon various instruments (ie. keyboards, strings, brass, woodwinds, etc.)?  What about polyphonic pitch shifting to compete with EHX's HOGs/POGs?  How about a simple noise gate that doesn't suck tone?!

I should point out that I'm coming from the perspective of already owning the Four Factors (which I love dearly and will never part with) and that is a definite H9 sales impediment not only for me but I'm sure others as well.  I look to the H9 for the future, not what I already have.  Again, bring out more algorithms like these and people will buy them which will, in turn, drive the hardware sales.

Upon second thought, yeah, the gold H9 is cool.  But mine will be plain-Jane white, sanded down to bare metal and painted with something as artistic as the H9 inspires!  Smile

KCStratman
      Participant

What really worries me is that ET is unwilling so far to make a clear policy statement regarding the status of "cloud" collection algorithm owners that will protect their investment as long as ET exists. If Core and Standard models will not be hard-coded with Max status for life once the additional algos are purchased, there is little or no reason to have invested in a Core or Standard plus additional algos in the first place, as well as seriously devaluing those units. Why won't ET clearly address this issue instead of dropping unpleasant stealth bombs on loyal customers?

gkellum
      Participant

Please be patient guys. We're going to make a clear statement on these things soon. A lot of people are out now because of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and the people who are working are partially tied up dealing with issues related to getting orders on Max units out the door.  We have been talking about these issues though, and of course we know that the early adopters of the H9 are some of our best, most loyal customers.

KCStratman
      Participant

Thanks, GKellum, a little reassurance can go a long way. As usual, more than satisfied with ET sound and hardware quality, just concerned about the complexities of the algorithm ownership issues. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

I have to admit, this was a concern to me as soon as I saw the announcement, as an owner of 2 factor pedals and 2 h9s with almost every algorithm I'm feeling a bit bit burnt by this, I personally have always thought that if you owned a factor pedal previously that all the algorithms should have been transferable to an h9 but at least we got 2 coupons.

aside from all that the algorithm prices are a bit high, especially for us Canadians.

after investing in almost $2000 worth of eventide gear you figure that maybe that would throw In some algorithms.

joeydego
      Participant

since I am already an owner of an H9 and was contemplating another one, I'm hoping the new scheme will allow me to just buy an H9 MAX and essentially have 2 H9 MAXes. I did spend about 100 bucks or so on in app purchases, but I'll eat that. Waiting patiently. Keep up the GREAT work! 

toddedwards
      Participant

I bet you'd feel differently if you had to eat $500.

gkellum
      Participant

toddedwards:

I bet you'd feel differently if you had to eat $500.

Nobody is going to be eating $500.  Please be patient.  We're going to make an announcement about current H9 owners in a few days.

bbbobwilson

Ooh, something to look forward too!

Thanks Santa??

irock

i guess it'll just be fair for original h9 owners who spent $200+ or core owners who spent $300+ in buying the extra algos to have all the algos in their H9s after Eventide's announcement on the upgrade path. Or to those who havent purchased any extra  algos yet, just pay the $200-$300 difference.

evo2slo
      Participant

I've been trying to limit myself to one new algorithm every month (often unsuccessfully), and am beyond thrilled to find out that my H9 is qualified for a MAX upgrade! This is so awesome! I really don't believe it, I feel like I must be dreaming! I also have an H9 core so this is extra sweet. Big Smile

Thank you to the angels of Eventide for this amazing early Christmas present! 

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

I just got my email regarding the max upgrade, Thanks Eventide!

bbbobwilson

Yes!! Thanks for the upgrade!! Merry Xmas.

bbbobwilson

Yes!! Thanks for the upgrade!! 

Merry Christmas 

Bodde
      Participant

Just got the email too. That's a very nice offer. Thank you Eventide! Just got my H9 one month ago and purchased two algorithms. Now I have to purchase 8 more algorithms to get to the 10 algo MAX upgrade which I will do. I think this is a very good and very well thought solution for everyone, new or old customer.

Uli
      Participant

Same here! Thanks Eventide! That's very nice.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Bodde
      Participant

Forgot to ask: how do you know when you reached the required algos for the MAX update? ok, I can count the purchased algos for sure, but do do you get a warning that your unit is being updated to a MAX? Or do you have to push a button or something? Will some strange magic happen suddenly? Big Smile

Dalmanours
      Participant

Same thing here!!! It's sooooooo gooooood! Thanx Eventide, and keep rocking!
      Woaow, it's Chrismas before time! Have a nice end of year everybody 🙂

joeydego
      Participant

Hmmmmmm, still waiting on an email here. Maybe it went to spam. 

gkellum
      Participant

bodde:

Forgot to ask: how do you know when you reached the required algos for the MAX update? ok, I can count the purchased algos for sure, but do do you get a warning that your unit is being updated to a MAX? Or do you have to push a button or something? Will some strange magic happen suddenly? Big Smile

Well, we're going to release a new version of H9 Control in January that will tell you how many algorithms you still need to get to Max, and that will hopefully do something nice graphically when you hit that number. Until then though, you'll know you've been converted b/c all of the algorithms in the store will suddenly appear as "purchased", and if you go back to the algorithms screen, you'll see that all of the algorithms have been installed on your H9 and are ready to use.

gkellum
      Participant

Also, when you turn your H9 off and on again, it will say H9 Max at startup.

AlanDalton
      Participant

How do I import the H9 max factory presets into my normal H9 which I just upgraded to max?

Is there a bank of H9 max factory presets available. 

Thanks

Ludvig

So I got super excited about this, and went ahead to purchase the extra algo's I needed to get the MAX upgrade.

However, it didn't happen.. I am certain that I have bought 10 (excluding the ones that came with the unit and the looper. Actually paid for 10).

When I go to the app store, the in app purchases are wrong. There are some algorithms that I don't have, and some that I do have are not there. However there is only a total of 9 purchased, so I am guessing that is why it hasn't updated. Something to be aware of, and how can I resolve this?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

ludvig:

I am certain that I have bought 10 (excluding the ones that came with the unit and the looper. Actually paid for 10).

I looked up your account, and I see nine purchases that count toward the H9 Max upgrade. There's a 10th purchase of Looper, but that was free. If you think this is incorrect, please send an email to support@eventide.com as I don't want to go into the details of your account information on our forums.

gkellum
      Participant

You can download the H9 Max factory preset list here:

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/H9MaxFactoryPresets.h9z

To import this file into the desktop version of H9 Control, click on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of H9 Control and go to Import Presets / Preset Lists. On an iOS device you should be able to click on this link and choose to open it in H9 Control which will import it into H9 Control.

Alternatively, you can also reinitialize your H9 to its factory state by turning it off and on again with the right footswitch and the big black wheel pressed, but this will delete your current preset list and replace it with the H9 Max factory preset list.

Ludvig

I sent an email. If you have a chance to look at it now that would be golden! I have hours open tonight and would love to play with some new sounds! 🙂

joeydego
      Participant

Still not seeing any email, fellas. 

camilok
      Participant

I don't think that the list of in-app purchases is accurate in the app store.  I have purchased all my altos through the app store, and that list did not even remotely match what I had purchased.

I bought 3 more to get me to my 10.  I then upgraded the operating system on my H9 and H9 core, and "Restored Purchases" through the iPad app.

BOOM

H9 and H9 Core have all presets unlocked, confirmed.

Thanks!

AlanDalton
      Participant

Thanks for your help. 

Once I click on open in H9 control on the iOS device, where will I find them in H 9 control?

lhovland
      Participant

My purchase history shows 10 purchased and payd for algorythems. I have tryed to restore my purchases a couple of times, but no change. What do I have to do to get the Max upgrade?

gkellum
      Participant

When I looked up your account, I saw nine purchased algorithms. I noticed you had Looper and EQ Compressor as well. Is one of those showing up in your purchase history as paid? In any case if you think this is incorrect, please send an email to support@eventide.com about it and we'll sort things out.

grahamdwilliams
      Participant

gkellum,

This is a very fair offer from Eventide … one that I doubt very many other (if any) software-based companies would have matched.

Where can I find out how many algos I have actually purchased? I bought most of them via IOS but I no longer have that device … I'm now using PC via Bluetooth.

Any help would be cool.

Eventide should be applauded for their position on the H9Max Upgrade situation.

Thanks

Grado

lhovland
      Participant

The Eq Compressor shows up as paid, and is the last one i bought together with Spring I think. The looper and the other free ones does not show up.

Lars

lhovland
      Participant

The following shows as paid:

1 Spring.   2 EQ comp. 3 Plate. 4 Room. 5 ModEchoVerb  6 DualVerb. 7 Reverse Reverb. 8 Phaser

9 Rotary 10 BlackHole

gkellum
      Participant

lhovland:

The following shows as paid:

1 Spring.   2 EQ comp. 3 Plate. 4 Room. 5 ModEchoVerb  6 DualVerb. 7 Reverse Reverb. 8 Phaser

9 Rotary 10 BlackHole

In our system EQ Compressor is marked as an algorithm you got by using your coupon for 'H9-04927'. If you can find a receipt for EQ Compressor, please forward it to support@eventide.com, or if this was connected to an earlier support issue where we had to correct an algorithm purchase you made, again just send us an email and we'll look into it.

gkellum
      Participant

grahamdwilliams:

Where can I find out how many algos I have actually purchased? I bought most of them via IOS but I no longer have that device … I'm now using PC via Bluetooth.

Well we're going to release an updated version of H9 Control after the holidays that will show you that information, but we didn't want to make everyone wait until it's ready. You can always email support@eventide.com, and we have an internal tool we can use to look that up for you. 

Or here's an algorithm you could also use to calculate that:  Count up how many algorithms you see in H9 Control for your account.  If you have an H9 Standard, ten of your algorithms won't count towards the upgrade path: the nine that came with the H9 (Vintage Delay, Tape Echo, Chorus, TremoloPan, H910/H949, Crystals, Hall, Shimmer, and Ultratap) plus your coupon purchase. If you have an H9 Core two of your algorithms won't count toward the upgrade path: H910/H949 plus your coupon purchase. Any coupon purchases you made with the coupons from a Factor pedal won’t count.  And the free algorithms won't count: Looper, Resonator if you got it before 12/31/13, and EQ Compressor if you got it before 6/20/14. 

lhovland
      Participant

Found out that the list in the iTunes app purchase history, did not corrospond with my actual algorithems installed, so you were right about 9. Bought my 10th just now, and I am all Maxed Out!! 🙂 

Thank You!!! Great deal!!

tsutek
      Participant

just a lil heads up for anyone thinking about "maxing out" their H9's – if you're using Amazon (ie. the desktop H9 control) to buy them algos, avoid spamming the individual algo purchases ie. keep a few minute pauses between the purchases. I just lost my amazon pay ability cuz I tried to buy ten algos in a row rapid-fire-style and it might take a few days for amazon to sort it out (says that my account has been flagged and is under manual inspection) 😉

I wanna max out before 2015, so looks like I just have to accept my losses and use the ipad&apple (which for anyone in the EU is the more expensive way to buy H9 algos ATM)..

tonyshred
      Participant

I just bought my tenth algorithm, and no maxout, any help?

gkellum
      Participant

Tonyshred:

I just bought my tenth algorithm, and no maxout, any help?

I see nine purchased algorithms, not ten. If you believe this is incorrect, send an email to support@eventide.com as we don't go into people's account details on the forums.

fog_ducker
      Participant

Where am I able to find out which algrithms I've purchased towards the H9 Max?  I'm very interested in upgrading brfore the April 1st deadline, but getting the free algrithms with my H9 and H9 core have confused the issue a little.

Thanks!

nikdsv24
      Participant

Someone know why the control programme dont reconize my H9 conneted in usb?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        nikdsv24 wrote:

Someone know why the control programme dont reconize my H9 conneted in usb?

You don't say what computer or OS you are using, which makes it difficult to help.

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.