H9 Maxout bundle, multiple issues after upgrade

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Maxout bundle, multiple issues after upgrade

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      gerax
      Participant

Hi all,

I just purchased the upgrade from my H9 Core to the Max bundle as per the promotion.

Now, looks like even though I can see all the algorithms in my H9 Control app account, I can’t get therm to work with the pedal.

I tried to sync the pedal with the server, and it says the purchases were restored, but I cannot update the pedal’s software, the installation gets stuck no matter what version of the software I try to install (it’s currently on 4.8.0.1), and no matter what connection I use (either Bluetooth or USB cable).

The pedal starts the process but gets stuck halfway when the “clearing the cache” appears. I get a connection error, but the pedal is connected via USB cable and not moved throughout update.

Nice right?

Then comes the DAW plug-ins part which I downloaded and installed but whose activation via iLok account is not working even though I submitted it right after the purchase to my iLok account…(I’ll post about this in the plug in s forum).

Definitely a frustrating situation and a less than smooth experience with this upgrade, considering the cost of the purchase…

Any help is welcome.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Let’s start with the pedal. Are there any other cables connected to the H9 other than the USB cable and the power adapter when updating using your computer?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Ok, try this. Back up any custom presets you have on the pedal to a list. Then, conduct a factory reset of the pedal by holding down the right footswitch and big black encoder simultaneously while power cycling the pedal. The words [INITIA] should pop up. Then, try the firmware update again.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Also, make sure you have the latest version of H9 Control installed on your computer.

gerax
      Participant

Here’s what I’m getting:

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Try one more thing, download and install the Eventide Device Manager: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/14079/installers

Then, power up your H9 while pressing and holding the HOTKNOB button to boot in UPDATE mode
. Click “Search for device” in Direct Updater, select the latest software and update your H9
. Wait patiently until it finishes and H9 will restart.

Let me know if this works.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Ah, Joe just posted another solution! You can try either one. They work the same way.

gerax
      Participant

Looks like that worked! A strange thing happened towards the end of the writing part, as the display on the pedal red “READY” and then “BAD”, and I also got an error message on the updater, but then the pedal restarted and it now shows the current FW version reading 5.8.5[1].

Ideas?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Now with regards to the plug-ins, you say you downloaded and installed them. Did you go into the ilok license manager software and activate the license by moving it to the computer you're using or an ilok key, if you have one?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Email support@eventide.com along with your proof of purchase and they should be able to deposit the license into your iLok account for you.

gerax
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      Let’s start with the pedal. Are there any other cables connected to the H9 other than the USB cable and the power adapter when updating using your computer?

Hi, thanx for the reply.

No, there are no cables plugged ion except power (from a Pedal Power) and USB.

gerax
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      Ok, try this. Back up any custom presets you have on the pedal to a list. Then, conduct a factory reset of the pedal by holding down the right footswitch and big black encoder simultaneously while power cycling the pedal. The words [INITIA] should pop up. Then, try the firmware update again.

I just did, the factory reset worked but the FW update gets stuck no matter what. I have the presets backed up on the iOS app so I can try it again if you think that can yield any result. I have downloaded and installed the H9 Control MacOS app available on the Download section (it reads 3.7 on the install volume).

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      gerax wrote:

I just did, the factory reset worked but the FW update gets stuck no matter what. I have the presets backed up on the iOS app so I can try it again if you think that can yield any result. I have downloaded and installed the H9 Control MacOS app available on the Download section (it reads 3.7 on the install volume).

Have you tried reinstalling your H9's firmware in the UPDATE mode with the Direct Updater? The Direct Updater is bundled with H9 Control. You can find it by clicking "Window" -> "Open Eventide Direct Updater" in the menu bar of the H9 Control. H9 needs to be booted in the UPDATE mode to be updated by pressing and holding the HOTKNOB button when powering it up.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      gerax wrote:

Looks like that worked! A strange thing happened towards the end of the writing part, as the display on the pedal red "READY" and then "BAD", and I also got an error message on the updater, but then the pedal restarted and it now shows the current FW version reading 5.8.5[1].

Ideas?

Hard to diagnose just by that. What error message did you see in the Direct Updater?

If you can use your pedal normally and the connect to it without any problems, then it should be good.

gerax
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

gerax wrote:

Looks like that worked! A strange thing happened towards the end of the writing part, as the display on the pedal red “READY” and then “BAD”, and I also got an error message on the updater, but then the pedal restarted and it now shows the current FW version reading 5.8.5[1].

Ideas?

I’ll hook it up ton the rest of the rig and check that out.

Hard to diagnose just by that. What error message did you see in the Direct Updater?

If you can use your pedal normally and the connect to it without any problems, then it should be good.

gerax
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:

Now with regards to the plug-ins, you say you downloaded and installed them. Did you go into the ilok license manager software and activate the license by moving it to the computer you’re using or an ilok key, if you have one?

Well, part of my licenses are on a physical iLok key, part (like the Apogee Bundle) are on the cloud version, but the thing is, I didn’t get any license on my iLok account, so i cannot transfer anything to the iLok Manager on my MacBook Pro.

I did click the “Submit” button after the purchase, and the iLok account name is correct. Any ideas here?

gerax
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      Email support@eventide.com along with your proof of purchase and they should be able to deposit the license into your iLok account for you.

I will, thank you for the help so far.

Best

L.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.