H9 MIDI BYPASS WITH GIGRIG G3–IMPOSSIBLE???

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 MIDI BYPASS WITH GIGRIG G3–IMPOSSIBLE???

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ViperDoc

I can’t get my H9 to agree to the CC designation for BYPASS I’ve put into the pedal. No matter the CC number, I set it up in the System Mode menu on the pedal, confirm the setting, program the same exact message and channel into my Gigrig G3 and it DOES NOT BYPASS. I can send PC messages from my G3 to change H9 presets, no problem. But when I want turn this f^cker off, it won’t. 

Strymon has their action figured out, I can bypass my Strymons at will no worries. WHY? Because they have their shit together. For $700, YOU CAN TELL ME the CC# to turn your pedal off, not me. 

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO THIS? I JUST WANT TO PUT THE PEDAL INTO BYPASS WHEN SWITCHING G3 PRESETS. SIMPLE!!!!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      ViperDoc wrote:
      >HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO THIS? I JUST WANT TO PUT THE PEDAL INTO BYPASS WHEN SWITCHING G3 PRESETS. SIMPLE!!!

On the H9, save the preset in bypass mode. That way, when a preset gets recalled it’s already bypassed.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

In the event you’re not sending a preset change to the H9, make sure the [ACT] and [TOG] functions in the RCV.CTL are also not conflicting with the CC# assigned to [BYP]

ViperDoc

Thanks, Joe. No other CC commands are mapped on my H9 whatsoever other than the Parameter CC commands that are in the low-to-mid 20s. I JUST WANT TO BYPASS THE PEDAL. THIS IS ALL OVER THE WEB. WHAT. IS. THE. CC#.??????????

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you are are sending a value > 64 in order to BYPASS. If the value is < 64 it won’t work.

ViperDoc

I’ve tried that. DOESN”T WORK. CC127. CC69. CC94. NOTHING. THE PEDAL SAYS IT ON THE LED SCREEN. THE H9 CONTROL AGREES. MY G3 AGREES. BUT NO BYPASS. 

Is there a CC defeat that needs to be turned on?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

There is no CC defeat. Are you sure you’re sending to the correct MIDI a channel? I just tried it on mine and it works with any value greater than 64. I also programmed the MIDI controller to send a program change as well as a CC to bypass and it works.

What are the exact actions you’ve programmed on your G3 button?

ViperDoc

NOW THAT’S THE TRICK. 

It works now. I can designate the CC channel of my choice, and a value of 67 executes the Bypass. PROBLEM SOLVED.

OK, HERE’S THE REAL PROBLEM. Your H9 User Manual makes no mention of what values do what with various CC messages. Please make and implement a factory CC control map. If it has to be programmed one way or another, make a plan that works and your app will allow me to change it if I want. OR, just publish the values that execute commands. It’s nowhere in your user documentation, you had to tell me on this forum. WHICH I APPRECIATE TREMENDOUSLY. Just might save others some hair. 

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      ViperDoc wrote:

I’ve tried that. DOESN”T WORK. CC127. CC69. CC94. NOTHING. THE PEDAL SAYS IT ON THE LED SCREEN. THE H9 CONTROL AGREES. MY G3 AGREES. BUT NO BYPASS. 

Is there a CC defeat that needs to be turned on?

Just by reading this message, I don’t think you’re understanding what I meant. It’s not the CC number you choose, but the VALUE it sends. For example, if you assign [BYPASS] to CC# 50, you have to send a VALUE along with that, any value 0-127. So program your G3 to send value 127 on CC#50 (or whatever you choose) and it will work.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Happy to hear you finally got it working! We appreciate the feedback.

ViperDoc wrote:
      If it has to be programmed one way or another, make a plan that works and your app will allow me to change it if I want. OR, just publish the values that execute commands.

The thing is, all of the CC#s are customizable so it wouldn’t make any sense to publish any values. But I do acknowledge we need to add that bit about sending the appropriate values for bypass assignment.

Let us know how else we can help.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.