H9 midi cc problems

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi cc problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MrClean
      Participant

Hi Ir seems like I'm having some problems with the h9 receiving midi cc's. I. Using the disaster area  dmc 2 midi controller sending cc's 20&21 for tap and the repeat / infinite control switch. but the h9 is not responding. Have checked and rechecked h9 settings – midi receive ch, cc settings etc but no go. Rechecked the dmc2 and midi cable with midi monitor and all ok….am I missing something?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No particular tricks involved. Looks like you've read the manual – this always helps. The only non-obvious thing is that the USB must be disconnected to use the DIN MIDI.

MrClean
      Participant

Hi, yes disconnected USB before using midi. Does the h9 have any specific midi cc requirements that the dmc may not be sending, ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No magic, I'm afraid. Assuming the settings are good, it could be a cable problem, or less likely, a hardware fault.

You should set channel to OMNI and use the MIDI "Learn" function to have the best chance of it working.

If you are convinced that everything at your end is OK, contact support@eventide.com.

MrClean
      Participant

Hi Eventideites, I have been conversing with the wonderful Mathew from Disaster Area over the last week to come up with a flexible and useful extension to his existing DMC 2 midi controller specific to the H9. He has come with something perfect for H9 control in a small footprint that works brilliantly. You have 3 options to choose from based on your needs:

New stuff – this version adds a third mode for latch + tap controls.

Momentary mode – hold left button at boot.

Left button sends CC20/127 each press

Right button sends CC21/127 each press.

Program mode – hold right button at boot.

Left button sends program changes decreasing, scroll down for hold.

Right button sends program changes increasing, scroll up for hold.

Latch / Momentary mode – hold both buttons at boot (perfect for PSW & Tap)

Left button sends CC20, alternates between 0 and 127.

Right button sends CC21/127 each press.

The latch / momentary mode works for PSW and tap.

Make sure you ask for "DMC_2_202_Eventide.cpp.hex" when ordering your pedal as this will provide the above functionality,

cheers
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.