H9 MIDI clock issues

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 MIDI clock issues

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Gav RL

Hoping one of the Eventide staff can help here; I have my H9 connected to my Space via a midi thru box. If I send clock from (or thru for that matter) The space, the H9 syncs fine. If however I set my Space to either Thru +C or Merge and pass clock data through the space from an external midi source, the clock on the h9 goes haywire as the video linked below shows. I’d hoped to be able to receive and thru transmit clock via the space, and also have pgm changes set up on the space which would also work with the H9 via merge. If I set it up to do that, the pgm changes sync, but the clock goes all wrong. Similarly, if I simply set the space to thru and send pgm change messages and clock from ableton, again, the changes work, but the clock is rubbish.

Everything else syncs on my board via thru, why can the H9 not?

It’s also worth mentioning that if I set the Space to XMT and send clock and Pgm changes to the h9 via the thru box, it works fine on all counts, so the issue seems to be either with the Space and its thru capabilities, or the way the H9 receives thru data.

Major ball ache whatever it is. PLEASE SEND HELP.

anyway, video evidence of what I mean:

https://youtu.be/Eby5g04wI_g

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you saying it works fine when the Space is set to XMT or THRU, but not in THRU+C or MERGE ?

If so, my first thought would be that the Space is generating MIDI clock at the same time you are trying to pass it through. This would be easily fixed.

Please confirm that this problem occurs with the Space MIDICLOCK OUT set to OFF.

Note that THRU+C and MERGE are new features which should NOT be used in demanding MIDI setups.

Gav RL

Sorry, realise this was foggy – tremendously hard to explain. So. Space on Thru just receiving clock, everything syncs correctly, though obviously can’t do the program changes I want.

Space on merge receiving clock from ableton and attempting to do program changes prompted by the Space too, doesn’t work. Can confirm that midiclock out is turned off as it should be.

Space on XMT sending clock and PGM changes works perfectly.

Space on Thru with ableton sending clock and pgm changes, the pgm changes work, but the clocks won’t sync and go crazy as per the video. Again, all the peripheral settings like midiclock out etc as they should be.

Gav RL

Any thoughts?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No conclusions yet. We have fixed a problem where THRU can be temporarily corrupted by a Program Load, so this could account for one of your issues.

Gav RL

Ohh right, sounds promising – is that going to be in the next system update?

Gav RL

…or is this a fix I can download already?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's the next update – no date at this time.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.