H9 midi clock

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      beel001

Hallo

I want my H9 to send midiclock to my other pedals but I cant get it work…

//Bengt

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

set MIDI/OUTPUT to XMT. Then

set MIDI/CLK.OUT to ON.

That should do it.

beel001

Thanks for the answer.

Now it works…

have a nice day.

//Bengt

beel001

Hello

The same problem again.
      I can’t get my H9 to send out midi.
      I have a ” midi solution thru” box where I can see “a red light” when a midi signal comming in.
      When a use my ” space pedal” to do the same thing there is no problem and I can see the midi signal comming in=”a red light”

// Ben

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 (but not the 'Factors) has a "feature" in that it will send MIDI, but it will not power things that get power from MIDI (such as a number of MIDI Solutions products). We will have a workaround for this shortly (soldering required). Apologies in the meantime.

captnjones
      Participant

Hello, i’ve been having issues with the midi clock receive on the H9. ( i’ve reinstalled firmware, changed , wires,changed order, activated global tempo, etc… ) the problem is the tempo doesnt stick. It is moving around alot(ex bpm 80… it displays under, above, all over the place) and kinda stays stuck on the tempo display of the H9. Rarely it will stay after a reboot and start (ableton) but it just wont work. Darn…  vs 5.85 connect via din5. 

Any help is appreciated because this makes the unit semi-usable for me…

thanks

brock
      Participant

DAW clocks are notorious for MIDI jitter.  You might want to try setting the H9’s MIDI CLOCK FILTER to ON.  Also (counterintuitively), try setting your ASIO buffer size in Ableton to the smallest number of samples that your computer can handle comfortably.

noodle1
      Participant
      captnjones wrote:

Any help is appreciated because this makes the unit semi-usable for me…

thanks

This is not an issue with the H9, its coming from an unreliable (master) clock source. The H9 is telling you that your source is jittering. Today I actually bumped into a dedicated midi clock called Midiclock+ that says 500 nanoseconds of jitter maximum. Check upstream of your H9 and address that to fix the issue…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.