H9 – midi control of tuner

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 – midi control of tuner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      gallantm

Not sure if this has been previously asked. Is it possible to activate the tuner feature via midi. Both of my H9s are not of the floor and the feature can not by activated easily.  I have set the cc to 99 however when I send the command it pulls up present 99 not the tuner. Any suggestions?

Meo

Hi,

on thegearpage forums Alan replied to me as follows on activating H9 tuner with CC and it works for me:

Go into System mode by pressing and holding both the Right Footswitch and the HotKnob Button.

Turn the Big Knob until you see "MIDI" and press the Big Knob button to enter the MIDI menu.

Scroll the Big Knob until you see "RCV.CTL" and press the Big Knob Button to enter the MIDI Receive Control menu.

On the left you will see various things which can be controlled by MIDI
      CCs. Turn the Big Knob until you see "TUN" which is the last item. Now
      press the Right Footswitch to assign any MIDI CC you want to access the
      Tuner.

Matteo

gallantm

I have tried that. For instance I set the tuner cc control to cc99. However when I go to active the tuner via midi the controller sends cc99 and instead of the tuner being activated present 99 is activated.  Is there a way to prevent this?  I have always found it strange that eventide limits the number of cc from 0to 99 while most controllers have a range of 0 to 127. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Forgive me if I am incorrect, but it looks as though you are sending MIDI Program Change rather than MIDI CC.

A CC will not load a preset, but Program Change will.

zwolf
      Participant

yep – it works via midi CC control just fine for me, although I've only got it to work reliably by first sending it a CC value of 0 and then another > 63. Makes sense but isn't explained this way in the manual. Further adding confusion to the issue is that this control is only assignable from the system menu on the actual pedal, the tuner doesn't show up as an option in H9 control.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think it expects to be driven by a MIDI switch, which goes high (>63) when pressed and low (<63) when released.

We'll add it to H9control in future.

ryan.veitch
      Participant

+1, I very much need to be able to toggle the on/off state of the tuner via midi.

jmkajdan
      Participant

Hi,

I'm the owner of 2 H9's in a drawer too and I assigned the tuner on one of these using my Rocktron Midi Raider.
      It works fine toggling with an IA switch as "temporary"  cc00 and values on 0>127 off.

JM Paris FR

gkellum
      Participant

nickrose:

We'll add it to H9control in future.

You can assign the tuner to launch when a given MIDI CC is received in H9 Control now.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.