H9 midi help!!!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi help!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sugarlou
      Participant

My H9 stopped responding to the midi foot controller.  The  H9 pedal midi is set to OMNI but nothing happens. The foot controller changes programs on other devices.

Its a very basic foot controller ( MIDI MOOSE TECH 21) It just scrolls up  1/2/3/4/ etc

HELP…is there a factory restore? Something happened when I was saving a new set of patches.

gkellum
      Participant
      Sugarlou wrote:

HELP…is there a factory restore? Something happened when I was saving a new set of patches.

There are two kinds of factory resets.  You probably just want to clear out your H9s system settings but not lose you presets.  To do that, turn your H9 off and then turn in back on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).

Sugarlou
      Participant

Thank you.

I did that but discovered I need to discionnect from the app before the midi controller will work. I swore it was working before. Is this normal? I removed the USB cable and suddenly the programs change with the foot pedal again.

gkellum
        Participant
        Sugarlou wrote:

I did that but discovered I need to discionnect from the app before the midi controller will work. I swore it was working before. Is this normal? I removed the USB cable and suddenly the programs change with the foot pedal again.

Yes, it's always worked this way.  The USB and MIDI jacks are connected to a single physical thing, and so, you can't use both at the same time.  You can connect to the H9 via Bluetooth though and use MIDI at the same time.

Sugarlou
      Participant

I must have been mistaken about it working with the usb port enabled but your reply leads me to an issue. The H9 will not pair via Bluetooth to my macbook pro. I’ve made several attempts. While it shows up in the Bluetooth device list it says pairing failed after several attempts

Sugarlou
      Participant

My H9 is now not discovered by my Mac at all.

I have toggled the bluetooth on and of of the H9 as per the instructions but the computer does not see it . The blue LED on the H9 is lit.

Any suggestions?

gkellum
        Participant
        Sugarlou wrote:

My H9 is now not discovered by my Mac at all.

I have toggled the bluetooth on and of of the H9 as per the instructions but the computer does not see it . The blue LED on the H9 is lit.

Any suggestions?

Well, if I were you, I'd reset my H9s system setting by turning it off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob button pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  I'd restart my Mac, and I'd put my H9 right next to my Mac while sorting this problem out to make sure the distance between the two wasn't causing problems.

Sugarlou
      Participant

i tried to pair …it failed …I entered the last 4 of the serial…it failed

Sugarlou
      Participant

Says “couldnt connect to the device”

gkellum
        Participant
        Sugarlou wrote:

Says "couldnt connect to the device"

Does the H9 connect to any other devices via Bluetooth?  For example have you tried connecting it to an iOS device?

Sugarlou
      Participant

I only have an Android phone. From what I understand those are not supported or am I mistaken?

The H9 will not pair bluetooth to my Macbook after many attemps. Loosing faith.

gkellum
        Participant
        Sugarlou wrote:

I only have an Android phone. From what I understand those are not supported or am I mistaken?

No, we don't currently support Android.

Well, it would be preferable if you could try out connecting from Bluetooth from another device to help narrow down whether this a problem with pairing from your MacBook Pro or if this is a problem with the H9s Bluetooth chip.  If that's not possible and you want us to take a look at your H9 to see if it has a problem, you could email support@eventide.com and they'll send you what you need to send it to us. Or if you bought it recently from a store, you could also return it to them.

We occassionally hear from people who can't pair with H9s from older Mac Minis, but I can't say people have been having that problem with MacBook Pros.  The only case where people had that problem with MacBook Pros is it they weren't using the version of H9 Control built for Mac OS 10.10 and above.  There are two versions of H9 Control for Mac: one for 10.9 and below and one for 10.10 and above;  if you're not using the correct version for your OS, Bluetooth won't work, but the more recent versions of H9 Control will also warn you if you aren't using the correct version of H9 Control for your OS…

Sugarlou
      Participant

Half the owners of H9’s use Androids im sure. Why no support? Are Eventide and Apple in cohoots?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.